Copycat Blogging

We have all had a friend who copies us, I am sure.  New dress?  They buy the same one.  New haircut? They go to the same hairdresser and get a very similar one.  You get pregnant, they get pregnant and have a child of exactly the same sex.  It is as if they have no imagination of their own.

There is a certain blogger in Charlottesville, Virginia who copies everything I do.  I have fantastic hair?  She thinks she has fantastic hair.  I go to the gym?  She goes to the gym.  I like the beach?  She likes the beach.  Everything I do, she just copies, copies, copies and it is starting to get on my nerves.  I am waiting for her to post about friend with an unrequited crush on her shooting her in the butt while she is doing yoga poses.  Any day now!

Recently I made a very brave and selfless decision to conciously uncouple with Röbert and maintain a loving friendship as we co-parent and decide about our future.  Well, guess who has decided she also suddenly needs to separate from her husband?  Little Miss Copycat!  It is disgusting and I am thinking about hiring a lawyer to tell her to sieze and desist!

3:22:16

Just gettin’ cozy and thinking about how much I hate jealous people who copy me.

Maybe she should try to work on her marriage instead of being so busy doing everything I do!

28 thoughts on “Copycat Blogging

1. #1 Jamberry Salesmom

Oh Lah Lee, I didn’t realize Roberght owned a bakery, now it makes sense why he couldn’t make enough money for you.
    You need a real business man who can put on a plane first class.
    Of course after you win your lawsuit you’ll have enough money that you won’t need a man.

Are you feeling okay? Röbby doesn’t work in food service, your second paragraph seems to have been poorly translated from another language and I have no idea what lawsuit you are talking about. Perhaps you bumped your head, dear?

2. afriendinneedindeed

I don’t think the comparison would hold up in court…who could possibly compare favorably to you, dear Lah Lee? The judge would throw the case out because, well, the obvious difference between you and Kath is that you are beautiful and thin and smart and amazing and talented…and she is not.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so be flattered, my dear, not annoyed or angry. Your face is too pretty to spend even one moment getting frown lines.

1. afriendinneedindeed

You said you were thinking of hiring a lawyer to tell her to seize and desist, which is a law”suit.” So yes, you said you were thinking of suing her. I presume you want her to cease and desist from copying you. But since the true resemblance is nil, I don’t think a judge would take the lawsuit seriously.
        Please pay attention, dear. Are you taking too many pills?

I was considering reporting her to a lawyer so he could write scary letters. No law suit. I know a fantastic reading tutor who works with adults. Do you need her number?

3. Hill-baby

Who is this copy-cat blogger? Give us the name of her blog so all of your millions of followers can make her see who she is dealing with!

4. CindyMcCainIsMyB*tch

Well I know you are not above giving us this blogger. Who is she? What’s her name? I wanna see the woman who thinks they could compete with you!

5. Cassidy

Love the yellow chevron and bright lip color. You are such a taste maker. That other blogger may aspire to be like you, but will never be in the lifestyle mafia!

6. grammarian

Did you meet your husband on MySpace and marry him after six weeks, because he was a musician, and have you burned your tongue on a hot fork while making bacon? Because the blogger who does that is so totally copying you

Another one? Röbby and I actually met in college (he was my TA and I was an undergraduate) but I have definitely burnt my tongue. Someone needs to get her own life!

7. flutterbudget

Forget about silly girls who haven’t got an original thought in their heads! I can’t wait to see what outfits you have dreamed up for your loving family to wear over easter weekend. I am so excited to see the photos ops that you have dreamed up…I mean, that have happened spontaneously!