Marital Happiness

It is so wonderful to be married to your absolute best friend in the world!  Röbby and I “get” each other on a level which most couples can never even dream of understanding.

Because we are so completely blissful together, Röb moved into a condo closer to his work over the weekend.  He is now able to get to work earlier each day, so he can make even more money to support his beloved family.  The move also gives me more freedom to spend one-on-one time with the kiddos during the week, and I am sure we will be happier than ever!

I know that our thoughtful decision to live separately during the week and maybe some weekends will bother those people who are stuck in the past and don’t understand modern marriages, but for us it is absolutely perfect and has only brought us closer together.  I am sure that our time together will be even better than ever after spending time apart.

I have also decided to stop using my wheelchair, despite my constant, unendurable pain.  It is just too hard to carry such a bulky thing to the car by myself.

This morning I got the kiddos off to school by myself and was able to make it to the gym with a smile on my face.  I am a glass fully full gal!  And I had a fully full glass of vodka to celebrate.

1:31:16 sad eyes

Changes are fantastic, y’all!

I could not possibly be any happier right now!!!!!

31 thoughts on “Marital Happiness

1. LeeLah

Congratulations on your conscious restructuring. If more couples “got it” just think how many marriages would be saved. Once again Lah Lee leads the way!

I have to agree with LeeLah, you are such a trend setter with the conscious restructuring!
      I do have concerns about Bobby leaving you with the children all week, does he not know how modern parenting works?

2. jumped the sheep

Oh Lah Lee! I cannot believe what a saint you are! You’ve just been horribly injured but you are making sacrifices for your husband and gorgeous children even though being a single mother is going to be so trying!

You are my hero, Lah Lee. I don’t know how you manage to do so much and remain so happy and cheerful!

Röbert likely left because you threw away Merlin’s darling lion. That was truly awful. I hope you can clean yourself up and woo him back, LahLee. I really do. Have you considered a life coach to help you through his tough time or a marriage therapist? Hugs and prayers sweet friend.

4. Fern

Lah Lee, I must admit to a bit of concern. How will you come out ahead financially when there are now two homes to support? And given how Bob’s eyes have wandered occasionally in the past, I think you need to make sure you know exactly what he is up to. Perhaps you could hire an investigator to monitor things for the first few weeks, just to make sure everything is on the up and up.

5. 12thFetus4Jesus

Ooh, it sounds so glam, your hubby having a pied-a-terre in the city, perfect for romantic getaways if your mother-in-law would actually own up to being a proper grandma to your kids and take them overnight for you. You can have your pied- or cake- and eat it too!

6. OneFingerOnTheTrigger

Any chance I could get his address? He may need a cleaning lady and I’d be happy to lend my services. All of my services. 😉

7. Mrs. Rothchild

So you’re getting divorced/unconsciously uncoupled. I hope you have a great family law attorney. I got an online degree in maritime law, but if you need me, I can find some fan law info on about.com and represent you for a reasonable fee. I hope Bob doesn’t have a shark lined up. Have you thrown yourself at, I mean, um, heard from, Stefan lately? He would be a good person to have in your life right now, I think.

Oh, Lah Lee, I’m sorry that you were offended, and I do consider you my closest and only mommy blogger friend. Maybe being an online lawyer has made me a bit cynical. The only time I’ve seen married men move out of their homes is because they’ve left their wives, but I guess there’s a first time for everything. Good luck!

8. Anglea

I think Bobby might feel lonely. Perhaps Snarling can move in with him?

Perhaps to demonstrate how truly modern you are, you could let Merlin move in with Ty?

9. mimi

Change can be roughe, Laa. Make sure to take good care of yourself. Really love yourself, okay?

Have you ever heard of ‘tapping’?

10. NotaCatLady

I hope he chose one of those delightful complexes with a wonderful playground and an adventurous pool. Your angles will have so much fun at the condo, they may not want to come home (if you are lucky, haha). Is it a condo you can trade for exotic locales?

My dear. I love you dearly, you know that, and one thing I really love about you is your optimism and how you always put on a brave face. But honey. You need to talk to a lawyer. I know you and Bobsers are so good together but it’s really not fair that he sticks you with the kids so much. You’re basically exactly like a single mom 5 or more days per week? Not cool, my dear, not cool. Don’t let him do this to you! AT THE VERY LEAST, HIRE A DAY AND A NIGHT NANNY!!!

1. Momma M

Cindy, what decade are you living in? Lolly doesn’t need a night nanny, she needs a wet nurse. Since you are might not understand that, a wet nurse would serve Lolly beverages throughout the day or night. Some women hire them for a few weeks or a couple months but I hired one shortly after giving birth and have kept her ever since! My first lil angle is about to graduate from high school and I couldn’t have done the hard work of raising a future HVAC contractor without her tireless work at my side.

Since you are might not understand that
        You are correct.

Why on earth would you need a special servant just to bring you drinks? Mine are cross-trained. I could even get a drink from the gardener in an emergency. And I’m not talking about his hose (although it’s very nice). I mean a real dirty martini. It’s a condition of employment at Casa McCain USA!

I’m sure this will benefit your kids. They will love going to stay with Rowbert for weekends and holidays! Make sure he spends as much time with them as possible, boys especially need ‘daddy time’. And you can have girly time with your little Stalin g while the boys are with dad!