Everyone Overreacts to Everything

A little while ago I posted an adorable photo of my bebe, Hummus, participating in a rock climbing camp.  Immediately the haters were all over me because, “Ooooh. look, his helmet is wrong,” and, “oh my, you shouldn’t have lied about his age,” or, “scary, big mountains.”  Enough with the PC police!  I am a wonderful Mama, and believe me when I say that I take very good care of my littles.

Unfortunately, Hummus did fall and his helmet came off (I didn’t realize that you shouldn’t cut off all othose crazy straps) and he got a tiny little bonk on his noggin.  Then the haters were all worried that he would die if i let him sleep.  Enough people!  He is fine!  Babies sleep a lot so they can grow.  I don’t think 20 hours a day is unusual for a two year old.

So here he is, alive and well two weeks later.  Guess what?  His mama knows best.

Happy as a clam, not asleep and no sign of injury. Suck it, haters.

Happy as a clam, not asleep and no sign of injury. Suck it, haters.

17 thoughts on “Everyone Overreacts to Everything

1. SugarToes

I don’t understand why anyone would criticize you! A bump on his head is probably all that little Hummus needs to get him talking!

Certainly not a hater but he looks a little funny there. Bruised perhaps but chunky too. Maybe all that sleeping has made him pack on some pounds? Is he still playing tennis?

Have a lovely Sunday. I prayed for you all in church this morning.

3. Pearshaped

Oh my, how fashionably pale Hummus is, fabulous! Well done for protecting the little guy’s complexion. Skin care can never start too early.

4. Nevaeh and Brecken's Mommy

Aren’t haterz the worst?! LahLee you are so brave for sharing yourself and a peek into your life in such an unfiltered way on your little corner of the Internet. What have these PC police ever done with their lives? You do you girlfriend!

5. 12thFetus4Jesus

Your kitchen is so beautiful! I love the marble countertops- they look clean enough for Hummus to play on. And it would kind of be like rock climbing, scrambling around on marble.

There are so many people who make ugly comments and they are only jealous, sad people who know nothing. Hummus was in A CLASS. With A HELMET. Your readers ought to know that those two things mean he was cared for and supervised and not going to be permanently injured. Sheesh. People need to lighten up and not vent about uplifting blogs like yours, Lah Lee.

Thank you so much. These people should spend the time they use to criticize me to take care of their own families. Maybe then they wouldn’t be so jealous of me and my perfect angles.

6. What the what...?

Hummus has gotten so big this Summer! Have you considered enrolling him in Kindergarten so you can get some more “me” time? I bet they’d totally believe he’s five!!

7. Ludmilla

Wow, Hummus looks like he’s had a growth spurt! No wonder he’s been sleeping so much!

And your kitchen is so dreamy! I wish you would do more decorating posts, you have such a special style.