Summer’s End

Only two more days until Starling and Merlin are back at school.  Thank goodness I have no kindergarteners this year, what with all of that staggered half-day start nonsense.  Throw them right into the proverbial pond and see who floats, is what I say.  I am hoping that Cari and I can at least do something about that this year.  Or before Hummus starts anyway.

The kids wanted a last day at the beach, so I was happy to bring them.  Hummus is still a bit banged up, but really seemed to believe in the healing power of salt water on his wounds.  He cried a lil’, but he will be fine in the end.  Röbby had to stay home to do the yard work and install a few light fixtures.  He just loves doing around the house.

After some PB&J’s for lunch, Hummus fell into another one of the epic naps he has been taking for the last few days.  I was able to get a sweet picture of Starling, Merlin and me without old bumbly-legs and his unsavory looking wounds.

I think it is fine to leave two big kids like this alone for just a second while I run over to the outlets.

We came home with three happy kids and 2 new purses, a wristlet and cashmere wrap sweater.  Another great family outing with Lah Lee and her lil’ darlings.

I wonder if I could get away with dropping them off to “help” their teachers for just an hour or two tomorrow?  It is worth a try!

26 thoughts on “Summer’s End

1. grammarian

have you been to the ER to see if hummus has a concussion? if he has swelling on the brain that would be very serious

2. Furmama

I think having them help their teachers is a great idea! After all, you are the head of the PTO so they should set a good example for the other kids.

3. Jumped the Sheep

Uh oh, if poor lil Hummus is sleeping a lot he may have a concussion like grammarian suggested. It isn’t usually a big deal, just a lot of sleeping and some puking but pearl clutchers will look at you oddly if you don’t take him to the ER and get him checked out. My twins, Denim and Lace, have both had concussions and I was bullied into taking them. Fortunately, there are two close to where I live so I took Denim to one and Lace to the other because people are so quick to jump the gun and scream abuse.

1. Nevaeh and Brecken's Mommy

Well if you do end up taking him to the hospital it would save you doing several drop offs over the next few days. He’d have to stay overnight and it’s not like you would need to stay- nurses are more than qualified to babysit

4. Momma M

You could heal Hummus’ bruises super fast using essential oils. The sooner they’re gone, the sooner all these bullies will stop sending you all these hater comments. Can I send you a sample?

1. Momma M

Of course! If you liked the oils, you could buy a beginner set. Think of all the ailments you could heal. St Lah Lie could even market her powers for good!

Are you taking legal action against the gym for not taking proper care of your precious little Hamuster? If you are, best take him to the ER so you’ve got it on record what his injuries are. Of course we know that you are practically a nurse, and he’s obviously getting the best care possible from his wonderful mom, but you still need evidence!
    I hope Marlin is keepin busy, helping look after his little brother. That’s what big brothers are for after all!

Legal action. This right here. This, THIS! RIGHT HERE! Is what is wrong with this country! We are SO QUICK to jump on the “oh sue them and get rich” bandwagon. Big Fan (of litigation?) perhaps you should buy several hundred lottery tickets or, I don’t know, get a JOB and EARN your wealth like I did! (to supplement my tiny inheritance)

I don’t need to work thank you Cindy. My personal income is quite adequate for my requirements and those of my beautiful babies Maleena and Vereuka, with a smigeon of money left over to support good causes.
        Suing isn’t about money grabbing it’s about accountability.
        Btw your name seems slightly familiar. Have we met?

I am rather famous, so you have probably heard of my charity. I’m sure I don’t know you, though. Are you Big Fan of the Sedona Fans? Or did your family arrive more recently? Perhaps you are an anchor baby.

I’ve never seen so many pearl-clutchers in my life! You people think you know everything because you hide behind a keyboard on the internets! How on earth could Human possibly have a concussion??? He was WEARING a HELMET. Last I checked, helmets are for, yep, HEADS! Therefore, a concussion is a statistical impossibility.

I think you should take them to an amusement park, Lah Lee. That will make him AND YOUR RUDE COMMENTERS forget all about his lil booboos. One quick bumper car ride should straighten him right out and he’ll stop with the manipulative whining and malingering.

1. Momma M

Lah Lee, when Cindy says “pearl clutchers,” she really means “pill clutchers.” She doesn’t even drink Gung Ho.

7. Mom2Lex+Zander

I sure love your blouse! Aren’t back to school sales the best?
    I bet your lil big kiddos are looking forward to blessing the school with their presense!