There was some bad news for Cari and I when we met with the principal at school this morning. Apparently the PTO has no control over curriculum at school, so we can’t actually have the girls all take hip hop dance instead of math, as we had planned. Also, we have no say in the hiring and firing of teachers. Mrs.Meloni must be feeling pretty lucky right about now.
But I like to always look at the positive in every situation, and we can suggest new clubs and activities for the kids, so I already have started a list.
- The Kardashianistas: In this club the children can study the Kardashian family and practice makeup tricks, wearing the latest fashion trends and self-promotion.
- Selfie Club: The students can learn about the best angles and poses for selfies and then photoshop them before posting on insta. Great for their self-esteem.
- Runway Club: The kids will study Tyra Banks and practice fierce runway walks.
- Hair and Makeup Club: Less popular children can do the hair and makeup for the popular girls and get to hang out with them for a bit.
- Games! Games! Games!: In this club the ugly kids can play with board games donated by their more attractive classmates. Jenga January will be a big hit!
- Recycling Club: The earnest weirdos need something to do, so with this club they can sort through the cafeteria garbage to make sure no plastic water bottles make their way to a landfill.
- Diet and Exercise Club: The name says it all. Ninety minutes of intense activity followed by a criticism of the food journals everyone will be keeping.
I have more, but that is just an idea. I am sure the principal will be thrilled to have our help this year.
I also mentioned to Starling that she might be getting a little bit freckly and she started carrying a parasol at all times. She is such a delight!