Prepare for Complete World Domination

At the end of last year Cari and I thought it would be super fun for her to run the PTO at the school for this year.  Unfortunately, at that time, only one person was running for president; Alison Ramapo, who has been running the PTO at good ol’ Donald Rumsfeld Elementary for about a century.  She has six kids and even Margie says she had the last two because she doesn’t want to give up the PTO reins of power.  She has a lot of support in the community and the administration likes her, so it seemd like an uphill battle.  Cari is such a positive person, and we felt like the results of our end of year party would speak for themselves, so she threw her hat in the ring anyway.

At the last meeting of the year we had a ballot box and Miss Laphem from the front office took it away to count.  The next day we heard the sad news; Alison won by a landslide.  Poor Cari.  But, when Cari stopped by the school, Miss Laphem admitted that there had been “irregularities” in the vote, and the administration was looking into it.  Apparently the final count was 1,461 to 2.  There were only 12 people at that meeting.

Why on earth would Alison stuff the ballot box in that way?  No one will ever know, I guess.  Perhaps her hunger for power overwhelmed her common sense.  She claimed to know nothing about it, but who else would do such a thing?  Yesterday the principal called Cari to let her know that she will be president this year and she was free to appoint her own right hand gal to be her vice president.  Watch out Rummy Elementary, the A-team is here!

Krystyn was already elected treasurer (unopposed, who would want it?) and Margie is the secretary once again.  I am so excited to wield this unprecedented power in a responsible and thoughtful manner.

This morning Cari and I had a lil’ exec meeting/mimosa party to make sure we are on the same page about what we want to achieve this year.

I think we got a lot accomplished.  The main thing is we don't want Fat Alice's stupid mom to have any position of power at all.

I think we got a lot accomplished. The main thing is we don’t want Fat Alice’s stupid mom to have any position of power at all.

Meanwhile, the girlies were outside planning ther own year.  They will be going back as fifth graders in just two more weeks!  I will miss having my lil’ mini-me around so much!

They are hoping that Alcott will join with them to make Sylvia's year really miserable.  She should never have called my darling a bully!

They are hoping that Alcott will join with them to make Sylvia’s year really miserable. She should never have called my darling a bully!

I guess it is just one more responsibilty for St. Lah Lee!  It is worth it to me to improve the education for all of the children in our community, even the dumb ones and the unattractive ones.

23 thoughts on “Prepare for Complete World Domination

1. Jumped the Sheep

Fat Alice’s mother can’t hold any position of power in any school. Other parents would be justifiably outraged if the mother of a fat kid was making decisions for their children. It would be like having the mother of a drug addict be on the PTO; if you can’t raise attractive, intelligent children yourself, what kind of superior authority do you really think you have?

2. Jules

Oooooo Congratulations!!! I love it when the “good” “guys” win! Fat Alice’s mom can suck it! LOLOL

I do think you need to grab the bull by the horns and make sure that Cari and you get your proper respect from all the stupid PTO ladies. Given that Cari only had two votes (and what’s THAT about??) there might still be some hangers-on who are bitter that Cheater Alison isn’t their prez.

SUGGESTION: During meetings, you and Cari enter the room after everybody else is seated. Have a Sergeant at Arms (Ty, perhaps?) get everybody to shut up and stand in reverence as you and Cari enter, and they don’t get to sit down until Ty tells them BE SEATED.

Also, capes would be a nice dramatic touch!! Just for you and Cari, obvsly.

3. BusyMama

Some people are such cheats and will do anything to get ahead. So sick of people like that ruining things for everyone!!!! That’s why Donald Trump is such an inspiration. He’s an honest and hardworking man whose inspired leadership would be awesome. Plus he’s funny!! Maybe you could get him to give an inspiring speech to all the young ladies at your school as he’s so good at talking about women.

DONALD TRUMP?

Excuse yourself. You need to leave. That dirty Democrat in disguise, screwing up the nomination process! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why democracy is a failed experiment. We need more hereditary monarchy.

4. nofattiesfangirl

Long time reader, first time commenter. I am so happy for the school and the community that sexto-mom is OUT and dream team is IN! If fat Allison was so crooked with the voting, one can only imagine the unethical abuses of power that have taken place over the years. The mind boggles.

First and foremost, I am sure Rumsfeld Elementary is in need of a great deal of physical education and nutrition reform. Obviously priorities that were not even present on Ms. Cheater’s radar. If she can’t even keep her own daughter in shape, how can she be expected to help others? Perhaps Starling and her adorable crew could start a club to supplement your efforts? Enforcing new nutrition and health policies? Never too early to start thinking of extracurricular leadership roles for college applications. Even for a girl.

Oh, Alison is not Fat Alice’s mom, and the school has already made it clear that she can no longer be a part of the PTO. Our main agenda will probably be my anti-bullying campaign I started last year; “Stop Bullying People for Being Bullies”.

I think this is an excellent point, nofatties. Take note, Lah Lee. You could have some institutional support for Sterling’s diet. Make ALLLLLLLLLL the girls run laps most of the morning and then eat a dry pack of ramen for lunch. This would also be cost effective. I’m sure all the other parents would be grateful to see their pudgy daughters start to slim down.

5. Rose Lens

From one PTO leader to another, I have a few tips.
    One: Sometimes us busy moms have to reschedule PTO meetings, if this happens and for one reason or another you forget to publish the meeting’s new date, don’t beat yourself up. You will probably get more done without a room full of moms with no imagination or organizational skills. And you will have more fun!

Two: There are some meeting where you just can’t face these unskilled moms. SO hold the meeting with your backs to them. Push the table against the wall and place your chairs so the leaders can see each other and the wall. Place the others chairs behind you. They can hear the discussion if they close their mouths, so it’s no big deal. The meeting will move quick and you don’t have to look at those moms who are untidy and tired looking.

You will have an awesome year!!! And the students will benefit greatly.

6. Supplementary Angels

Such an awesome coo day graw, Lah Lee! So exciting to see how you and Cari rescued democracy and freedom through your appointment as Queens of the PTSO (well, queen and princess). Now you can implement Roberts Rule’s of Order at your meetings, and be sure everyone knows who rules!

Do you need any help on commytees? I know you’ll want to upgrade the ciricullum from Common core to something much more stylish and expensive.

7. What the what...?

OK, sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I see many many my grains in your future unless you find a way to add “cocktails” to these boring meeting agendass. Why are you putting yourself through these things? Your children are important but not THAT important. I worry that Cari has lead you astray…. You will miss out on so many photo ops with your angles while being at these silly school meetings. Just my two cents Lah Lee.

1. What the what...?

Just make sure you and Cari find one of those super cute “water bottles”. Where I live all the cool Moms fill them with wine or vodka tonics – so fun! And it’s so much better to make decisions about our children’s education when we’ve had a few libations, right?! I believe that’s how we were able to have Stand Up Paddle lessons replace BORING Latin in our school system!

Around here we use sippy cups. You should have seen the look on Hummus’s face the first time he went for his organic green juice and got a lil’ sip of vodka instead. Now he seems to like it, though.

8. FreedomWriterz

I can’t imagine anybody bullying those precious little angles! That Sylvia is probably just jealous of how obviously perfect your little mini-me’s wardrobe is constructed.

Which reminds me Lah Lee, one day soon you will HAVE to tell us where you shop for Starling’s clothes.

Maybe now that you are going to be such an important member if the PTO you can get rid of those weird little classes your son was stuck in last year.

I atually like Merlin to be in that class because, not only is his teacher wonderful, but other parents aspire to having their children in the genius class, and are jealous of me for having such great genes.