Another Day, Another Lake

Yesterday we drove to a nearby lake where two of Röbby’s friends from college actually own a home.  It makes me so mad when contemporaries of ours have things I think we should have, but Röbert insists that we “can’t afford” a second home.  I need to talk to him about that.

Anywho, Stefan and Kathy don’t have kids, so they were delighted to get to share ours for the day.  You can have motorboats on their lake, so they took the kiddos out for some fun on the water, while I relaxed and read my twitter feed back on the dock.

Three of my kids, LOL!

Three of my kids, LOL!

The children seemd to enjoy being pulled behind the boat, although I was feeling pretty frantic about getting some decent  vacation shots before the sun went down!  But once I saw the sunny smile on Starling’s face, I knew I had to relax and go with the flow.

Everyone tried to waterski after lunch but no one, not even Mr. Athlete Merlin, could stand up.  Finally, we put Hummus on a wake board, and guess what?

I think that Merlin is not the only athlete in our family.

I think that Merlin is not the only athlete in our family.

Röbby and Stefan haven’t seen each other in over a year and they certainly had a wonderful time together.  Kathy is honestly kind of a pill.  For some reason she has just never warmed up to me, so I was glad when it was time to leave.

On the way home I saw a beautiful meadow and we stopped to take a couple of spontaneous snapshots.  Of course my lil’ artist, Starling got a great one after about 90 minutes of shooting.

I like these natural, unposed shots that just capture the joy of summer vacation!

This vacation has just been such a joyous whirlwind.  I still need some photos of the children holding giant stuffed animals at a country fair, eating ice cream, eating watermelon and frolicking at water’s edge.

15 thoughts on “Another Day, Another Lake

1. Proud Co-Parent of Three

Long time reader, first time commenter. Just had to stop in to say that I’m pleasantly surprised to read a post where you aren’t passive aggressively bashing poor Merlin. The poor thing, you know he and his friends know what Google is and can you imagine how he’ll feel when he reads that his mother calls him a nerd and openly favors his sister! I think maybe the success of your blog has gone a “tad bit” to your head and your just looking for blog fodder instead of thinking of the children’s feelings!!!! The children, Lah Lee!

2. HotWifeSuperMom

Robbie looks so handsome with that beard, Lah Lee! Just a tip, but the watermelon shots are wayyyy overdone. I took a few summa time photos of my girls the other day, and I had them eat a few lemon slices instead. They looked so much better with the bright yellow lemons than that crappy watermelon color, and it didn’t hurt that I could use the extra lemons to garnish my vodka on the rocks later that night. The yellow really brought out the blue in their eyes. I didn’t want them spitting seeds all over the place anyways…

3. What the what...?

Stefan and Kathy must have been thrilled to spend time with your little angles! Maybe you should call them and see if they’d like to take them for the day tomorrow? People with no children really enjoy doing all of the stuff us parents are so sick of. You know, the playing, talking to, feeding, etc., we do all while driving them around to various places that will take them off of our hands. Plus, you need some more *ME* time. You just don’t get enough Lah Lee!

And who knows? Maybe they’ll make a strong connection and take them on an exciting adventure to some place like Burning Man! I hear that is where all of the new agey people bring their children these days. And maybe it would also help Kathy relax and be less of a pill.

Kathy certainly needs something to help her relax. I try so hard to bring her into a conversation, but she just wants to talk to the men all of the time. I’ll say, “I went to a fantastic shoe sale last week,” and she smiles and asks one single question then goes right back to talking about dull politics with the guys. I hate gals like that!

4. Claire Annette Reid

Hummus is a lil’ genious in the making, eh? Mr. Merlin better stay on his toes! Looks like country life agrees with you Lah Lee. You’ve got a cute lil’ dumplin’ pooch popping out from under your shirt in your jumping pic. Which, by the way, is the cutest idea ever! You always have the most original ideas for photos. As for myself, I was named “Abs of the Month” at the gym. I get my piccie in their next ad and a case of vitamin water. Timothy is soooo proud of me he’s taking us to St. Bart’s for a romantic getaway.

5. Jules

I can’t believe you didn’t get a pic of Kathy!?!? I feel cheated. What was she wearing? She’s fat, right?

Also it *might* be time to reassess whether lo rise jeans and crop tops are friends or foes. Not that you’re out of shape or anything, but certain changes to our abdomense are unavoidable (and unflattering) as we age. Just sayin’. 😉

6. Jules

The truth sometimes hurts. All I’m sayin’ is that it *might* be time to change your style icon from, like, Katie Perry to Courtney Cox. Not full Blanche Devereaux or Helen Mirrin (we’re not there YET lolol) but let’s face it: You’re not a spring chicken. And that’s ok!

I mean, you’re still a nice lookin’ gal, don’t get me wrong, but there’s nothing more pathetic than an aging mom who tries to look like a teenager. Like the mutton vs. lamb thing, kwim? Just looking out for you Lah Lee! It’s time to embrace hi rise jeans. Trust me. (((Lah Lee)))

7. CeeCee

Oh my, there certainly are a lot of haters out there today. I guess this means you have arrived. Do yourself a favor and.delete these trolls. They don’t know your life. They should not get a say on your sacred space.