Down on the Farm

When we got up this morning the children were begging to play in the lake, but I had other plans.  We are way out in the country, so it was high time for a lil’ excursion to a farm.  The closest pick your own place is just 45 minutes away, but we didn’t have a cell service and I don’t know how it is my fault that I can’t find a place without GPS.  The farm was just perfect when we finally got there, though.

The photographer I hired was a bit testy about being kept waiting, so we didn’t have time to pick any peaches.  I quickly spiffed the kids up and we had a lovely time being photographed in the orchards.

It was incredibly hot out, but we look so beautiful.  We are like a storybook family.

It was incredibly hot out, but we look so beautiful. We are like a storybook family.

We had to do another quick change into “cowboy” duds for a few shots in the hayloft too.  I loved some of those shots.

I don't know what it is about it, but I just love this picture!

I don’t know what it is about it, but I just love this picture!

The trip home took less than two hours but I was exhausted from all of the time I spent preparing and organizing this special day for my family.  A mommy’s work is never done though.  Starling was upset that she didn’t get to pick anything or pet the baby animals they had at the farm.  There just wasn’t any time!  She and I wandered over to a neighbor’s garden while they were out and picked all of their beautiful ripe tomatoes.  I am sure they would want a sweet lil’ girl like Starling to have some tomato water with dinner!

She did get to pick someting after all!

She did get to pick someting after all!

Wow, vacations are exhausting for us hard working mamas.  I have more fun up my sleeve for tomorrow too.

17 thoughts on “Down on the Farm

Wow, Bobby’s beard is very prominent! He’s like your own personal boogeyman compared with all the rest of you looking very preppy and clean. The only one he really looks like is Sterling. Are you sure the rest are his, haha?

Merlin’s looking skinny and that’s Sterling’s job! Do you not have him in a bulking program? He’s going to need all the muscles he can get to fend off the nerdiness that is his destiny. Look into steroids for kids, I think if you google “Steroids for kids muscle building” you can get a lot of helpful tips. Good luck!

(PS orchard fruit is full of bugs. You didn’t miss out on anything, NO FOMO hahaha).

1. Rose Lens

Those pictures are so cute and shows off your best features. Robert looks sexy, Yummy.
      Steroids are so horrible for kids Cindy. You should find Creatine supplements, Lah Lee, you could go to the High School and talk to the Football coach and he could set you up with Creatine, Merlin will bulk up in no time.

You know, CIndy, you’re right about Starling being the only one who resembles Robert. It’s kind of funny, but Hummus really looks like neighbor Mitch! Looks are so bizarre that way. Everyone says that my oldest daughter looks just like Jennifer Lawrence, and we’re not related to JL at all as far as I know.
      Of course, obviously, sweet Merlin is just the spitting image of Lah Lee.
      Great pics, Lah Lee. Your family looks like it came straight out of a magazine or a catalogue.

2. George & Lottie's Mummy

You all look lovely in that top pic, I think you should use it for your blog header. I don’t think you should encourage Starling to steal produce from the neighbours, though; it’s not very nice.

Oh, get off your high horse, hater. I am sure the neighbors would be delighted to share their abundant produce with a sweet child like Starling. Do you come from that hater board everyone complains about?

2. Becky Becca

Well, I think it’s “not very nice” to criticize a fellow mama who’s just trying to do her best. Don’t be jealous just because George and Lottie are probably little chubs. At least Lah Lee is REAL. We women need to support each other.

3. HotWifeSuperMom

I love the second photo, Lah Lee! That’s such a great capture of Merlin and it really shows his role in the family. And gosh does Hummus look like a lil’ Kennedy or what? He’s just growin’ like a weed! Soon he’ll be better than his tennis instructor 🙂

I am afraid he already is better than most of the tennis instructors in his rec program. 😦 You can see him getting frustrated and wanting to correct them, but he just isn’t very verbal yet. Don’t worry, I correct them for him!

4. Jules

OMGeee I just noticed that little Starving is becoming a woman, right before our eyes!!! I hadn’t realized she was old enough for curves and such. But then, those feminine milestones sneak up on us, amirite?

Are you going to do one of those Hello Flow parties for her when it’s time? They gross me out, but maybe she would feel left out if all her girlfriends are having them. Maybe you could call the school guidance counsel and ask what the cool girls do when they have their “special” change.

5. What the what...?

Those poor tomatoes were going to rot! Once again Saint Lah Lee saved the day! I hope those people know what a service you did for them by taking them. And who are these insane people thinking Hummus needs to talk? You’re living the dream! Who wants a child who talks???!!!! The later, the better.

6. Kimmie in NEPA

I love all the special times you create for you’re family, Lahlee. Next summer you should be even more adventurous! Go to a dude ranch out West or something. You would get so many photo’s there.

At first, I was not a fan of Röbert’s facial hair but it is kind of growing on me. He looks more laid back and happy with it. Hope you are having some fun family time on vacation (making s’mores, playing cards, talking over the camp fire, fishing and swimming in the lake). Good times.

And the family photos are fabulous. You should use one on your Christmas card.