Rotten Kid

I can not even believe the story that Merlin just told me!  I swear that kid will be the ruin of me, someday.  I was working at my computer and just happened to have a picture of Renata up on the screen. I am not sure how it even got there. Merlin, who had snuck up behind me again, said, “Hey look!  It is the pretty lady!”

Apparently last fall he had stayed after school to do something with Mr. Williams (Ty to me, but Merlin has to call him Mr. Williams because he is his teacher, LOL) and when Mr. Williams was dropping him off, I wasn’t home.  I must have been out doing something important or tending to some emergency or something.  Anywho, Merlin told Mr. Williams that he could drop him off at the Sullivans’ house instead.

When they got inside, according to Merlin, Karen was doing “gym class” with a pretty lady and he said to Ty, “Hey Mr. Williams, look at that pretty lady!”  I am sure everyone laughed and that would have been that, but no.

A few weeks later, or days, who knows, Ty took Merlin to the park to kick the soccer ball and Merlin saw “the pretty lady” reading a book on the grass.  Of course the little wretch had to run over and say “hi” to Mrs. Sullivan’s friend. Then he called Ty over and said,”Remember the pretty lady who plays gym with Mrs. Sullivan?  Don’t you think she is pretty, Mr. Williams?”  Of course Ty had to say yes, what else could he do?  I am sure it was mortifying for everyone.  Somehow Renata forced her phone number into Ty’s phone at that meeting (I am sure that wasn’t so pretty) and he must have felt obligated to call her because, as Merlin tells it, he came into the classroom the next day and told Merlin that he had a date with the pretty lady for dinner that night.

My own rotten little brat introduced Ty to the woman who will be his downfall, and never bothered to tell me about it.

He looks like a normal kid, but honestly?  So annoying most of the time.  Of course i love him to pieces, but often want to tear him to pieces at the same time.  Motherhood!

He looks like a normal kid, but honestly? So annoying most of the time. Of course i love him to pieces, but often want to tear him to pieces at the same time. Motherhood!

In other news, I think I’d better make an appointment to get his eyes checked.  Pretty lady?

36 thoughts on “Rotten Kid

1. Jojo

I have heard that you can rehome kids like how you can rehome pets. Since you wrote constantly about much you hate merlin, maybe you could rehome him.

1. Momma M

I am horrified anyone would suggest rehoming Lah Lie’s beloved child! Isn’t it obvious how devoted she is to her children? Lah Lie, there IS a way to help Merlin, though. There are these simply darling camps boys can be sent to. Merlin would learn boy skills like sleeping outdoors and being a manly man, with lots of structure. The Duggars have sent there children their. I think the Goddards run the camps? IBLP or ATI it’s called. Even the girls have a lil camp of their own, Journey to the Heart, where girls learn to nurture, but Starling has you as a role model, so that’s not needed.

2. Jojo

Oh I must have misunderstood you all the times you mentioned throwing his gifts to you in the garbage, dropping him at random people’s houses, not going to his events, cancelling him out of soccer last year, and mocking him continuously, to mean that you didn’t like him much.

I guess I forget that most moms aren’t the true selfless martyrs like I am who just really, really, really love AND like their kids. I save and love and use every gift. I never, ever use gym daycare (so low brow – mine just hang out behaving when I train at my home gym with Shaun t). And I go to every, single event that mine do with nary a complaint.

I see merlin is finally dressing himself, by the way. He is finally looking like a stylish kiddo.

2. StripesN'Dots

Eww, it seems like Renata has an little obsession with both you and now two of your littles? That’s a little scary, especially in today’s world!

3. SupplementaryAngels

It just shows what a great mom you are to raise a polite, kind child who says nice things about strangers. If it was my kiddos, they’d be all, “Why is that woman so fat?” or “Why is she so ugly?” Such a nice boy you have. So jeal-ly!

4. George & Lottie's Mum

Don’t be too hard on him; he can’t have known how horrid Renata was to poor little Hummus. Also, little boys are very likely to misinterpret that overdone, tarty look as ‘pretty’.

LOL, you have that right. He also thinks that the Kardashian girls “seem nice” so I guess his instincts are off. Hopefully he fixes that before he starts dating or I will end up with some little tart as a daughter-in-law.

5. 12thFetus4Jesus

That is absolutely terrifying to me that Renata was able to hack into YOUR computer- and add pictures of herself, to your private, personal files!!! Satan’s helper’s are everywhere, and so many in this unsaved world are blind to those who lead us astray. It was not Merlin’s fault that he could not see how evil she is. He is an innosent child, poor thing.

It was actually her Facebook account, Why does Facebook keep suggesting we should be friends? We are not friends! They also keep suggesting Ian Zeiring too, so what’s his face needs to fix that system.

Children! They just don’t understand the trouble they cause us!
    I’m sure Ty will realise what Renata is really like before it’s too late.

Btw Beefeater is looking good!

I’m with the ladies who think Merlin’s not rotten, just completely clueless about the fair sex. Isn’t Röbert kind of like that, too? I mean, he was nice to Karen without realizing what a snake she really is, right? So Merlin must take after his dad.
    And beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beholder. For instance, some people think Angelina Jolie is a great beauty, but I just don’t see it. I think Renata kind of looks like her. They’re just okay, but that’s it. Besides, inner beauty is more important anyway. Angelina and Renata don’t give nearly as much of themselves as you do to make the world a better place, Lah Lee.

Luckily Merlin is too young (and too much of a socially awkward nerd) to be dating. Can you imagine the hoochies that he would bring home, LOL!
    He’s not a wise old soul like wee Starling, so if he grows out of his geekiness, he will need a lot of additional guidance when it comes to making important decisions, like dating. You have your work cut out for you with that one, Mama!

Agreed. I already have to keep a very firm hold on that kid. Unlike Jo-Jo, all of my bebehs did not leap from the womb wholly formed and perfect, so I need to help them grow and learn. You know, we call it “mothering”. And if me being a lil’ strict with Merlin causes someone discomfort, so be it. I want him to be a good person, and clearly he needs a lil’ extra guidance.

9. tnmom

Maybe Ty has a touch of Stockholm syndrome? Maybe behind his banning smile he is begging for someone to get him OUT of this forced arrangement?? Bless it.

I knew what you meant. I can’t help but believe that she has gotten him hooked on drugs or something and that is why he allowed himself to be engaged to such a monster. And now that I know that Karen was involved from the start, it makes so much more sense.

1. Yummy Mommy Pregnant Tummy

Hmmm, Stockholm Syndrome would help explain Merlin’s social awwkwoodness. It’s not full blown Awwtism but it can stunt there ability to build repour with people. Maybe that is where he gets some of his genius qualities? You should take him to a casino, like in Rain Man, so he can win some money for you. It’s only fair he helps to repay all of your generosity with the speshul things you are always buying him, treats such as food, electricity and a roof over his head.

1. Yummy Mommy Pregnant Tummy

Oops! I thought you were talking about Merlin, not Ty!

And Lah Lee, if your doctor won’t give you meds, perhaps you should try natural remedys. I know a Healing Chef I could refer you to?

2. Yummy Mommy Pregnant Tummy

It’s okay, he burns his food or drops it on the floor, so it’s all inedible. Perfect for keeping the weight down! Plus, it’s always so klassy to say you have a private chef.

10. Annie Miss

Lah Lee, don’t be too hard on poor Merlin. Really, if you must blame someone, it really is the fault of the crazy person at your gym. If she hadn’t gotten Renanta fired, then Renanta never would have been at the Sullivan’s house to tempt your good friend Ty. Ugh. Crazy people! What can you do?

That is the crazy part. All of this happened before she was fired from the child care. From what I have gathered, she was working part time as a private trainer first, then took the child care job because she “loves children”. More like she loves to hurt them. So this all happened last fall. It is so crazy to me. And Ty never once mentioned that he had a girlfriend, which means she was not his girlfriend, and he was obviously tricked or blackmailed into the engagement. Poor Ty!

1. Luna Lissa

Maybe he’s marrying her so she can stay in the country or get her green card or something to do with immigration. It probably is being done out of the kindness of his heart, not real attraction or anything. You are so lucky to have such a caring mn as a friend. Once Renata is a citizen, she’ll be gone! Then you can comfort Ty.

11. Tiarra

You can send Merlin and Hummus to Ty to get 100% free daycare for life. I think it is call getting them adoptid or putting them up for adoptshun or something like that. Doesn’t really matter. Free daycare is free daycare and it will give you some more “me time”.

12. Tiarra

Wow. You really are completely selfless and great mom. Sacrificing some “me time” to spend time with your angles. Merlin is so lucky to have such a perfect mom. It is too bad he doesn’t appreciate all you do and instead opt to spend time with that ugly, child abuser.

What is that white glow around Merlin arm? Look sickly. May want to take him to the doctors. A proper one, not that female one with the awful fashion sense.