Stupid Doctor!

I have been feeling kind of down in the dumps for at least three days now.  That is not normal, is it?  The crazy thing is that I have every reason for just loving life; a gorgeous home, an amazing husband, three adorable lil’ angles, a prize winning dog, and many, many friends who adore me.  I am not a doctor, but I think this must be depression.  And if I know anything about depression (And I do!  I once saw something about it on Dr. Oz while I was flipping over to PBS), I know they can just give you some pills and, wallah!  Cured.  I once knew someone named Michelle who had the depression pills and lost weight, so better yet.

You can't tell because I just smile, smile, smile through my tears.

You can’t tell because I just smile, smile, smile through my tears.

So I called my doctor’s office this morning and unfortunately got that awful Dr. Winger instead of nice Dr. Lassiter.  Dr. Winger is a lady doctor, which I hate.  Why are ladies even doctors, when they could be nurses and wear cute lil’ uniforms?  Also, she is always acting like she knows more about everything than I know.  So when I told her about my depression and asked, very politely, for couple of different kinds of pills, she had the nerve to give me the name of a psychologist. Only it was not even a real psychologist with a proper Dr. in front of her name, but a Mrs. in front of her name kind of healthcare worker.  I am not actually crazy, I just need some pills.  I said that I might even be bipolar because I am sometimes happy too, but Dr. Winger, as usual, was very dismissive of my situation.

How would she like it if she was depressed and I just tried to send her to an unlicensed crazy doctor?  So frustrating!

23 thoughts on “Stupid Doctor!

1. suzy

Have you thought about trying essential oils of cow stomach, the second one? The fermented matter can cure cancer. I learned this in a Facebook group dedicated to health.

2. Becky Becca

Oh, Lah Lee, my heart aches for you. You are such a brave superwoman mama! Dr. Winger probably won’t give you pills because she’s jealous and wants to make your life worse than hers. It’s so sad when bitter women try to tear down more successful, prettier, stronger women. Women need to support each other, even if they feel bad about being uglier than you. I mean, that’s what feminism is!
    Nurses don’t even get to wear cute uniforms at my doctor’s office. They have to wear those gross scrubs, so I guess it makes sense to be a doctor because at least those doctor coats show off your wasteline. (That is, if Dr. Winger even has a wasteline!)

I am sure that they could still wear cute white uniforms (minus the ugly stockings and horrible white shoes). I think the ugly scrubs must be a comfortable choice, I want to burn the character adorned ones (Mickey Mouse? Ugh! As if Disney needs more of our money.) If I was a nurse I would have the adorable hat, saucily cocked, and a slim white dress.

3. Jules

Oh honey. Poor you. What I’m seeing here is a failure to communicate. As in, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman failed to see through your beautiful fassade and realize how deeply you were hurting. I know it’s not natural for you to, as my grandmother used to say, “put on a show,” but IMHO you need to return to the dr. office and convince them of how bad you truely feel. It might involve kicking over a coffee table (be careful not to chip your pedi!) and some tears, but just think of how much better you’ll feel with a nice strong prescription.

PRO TIP: Load on gobs of cheap, nonwaterproof mascara and dab some liquid soap in your eyes immediately prior to your big entrance.

4. Rose Lens

You know, if you hang out at the local high school for a few hours Im sure there are a few students who would love to share their depression meds with such a hip betty mama like you. It may cost a bit but hey, whatever it takes to feel better!

5. tnmom

So! Beyond!! Frustrating!!

I totally get what you are saying— it isn’t like you are crazy-crazy—- you just are a little slump.

you got this girl!!!

6. 12thFetus4Jesus

Oh Lah Lee, have you talked about having more children? You are right. Why are women even considering being doctors when their truly godly role is a wife and mother? My husband said that having as many babies as possible will keep me from being depressed. I’m due again this fall and I will let you know if the 12th time is a charm.

Blessings to you. Your a wonderful person and I pray that Karen and other demons will be repeled by your goodness.

I am done with more bebehs. If I could have another darling lil’ girl I might be tempted, of course. For some reason I keep getting stuck with wild men. Of course I adore my boys, but they aren’t much fun. LOL!

7. BusyMama

Lahlee you need to work with essential oils. I have a lil mommy business going that’ll cure ALL those sads feelings and keep you slim as ever!!! It’s hard being a busy working mama but my new business will make me so rich!!!!

Call a different doctor. That’s what I did when the waste of space that was my family doctor wouldn’t give me those sweet sweet pills I loved almost as much as I love John. Keep calling, someone will give you something. Good luck!

9. Nevaeh and Brecken's Mommy

How frustrating Lah Lee. Maybe call the clinic every hour until you can get in with the good doctor. But just think, mental health is very trendy ATM. You could become a real advocate in the community. The kids’ school would call you in to speak to the youth and Ty would see what a deep and compassionate person you are. There’s heaps of lunch and booze benefits for mental health too!

10. SugarToes

What an insult to your intelligence!! If I were you, I would report her astonishing and very unprofessional behaviour.

11. Pesky Boys

I am going to share a lil secret. Cough syrup. Robitussin will pep you up AND keep your weight down AND you don’t need to see a doctor for it!!!!!!

Another possibility if that has too many carbs or you don’t like cherry flavor is to get Humus’s doctor to understand that his goat-climbing-ness is ADD and so you, I mean him, need some pills for it. Did you know they are actually uppers? It’s true! That’s how I get housework done.