Little Things

I feel like i can be honest with all of you here.  You know me pretty well now, and you know that I am married to the hottest, kindest, smartest and most faithful man in the world.  But ladies, do little things about your boys start to bug you every now and then?  Nothing big like he has gross breath or gets caught embezzling or anything, just tiny quirks that get on your nerves.  Lately, a couple of things about Röbert have been driving me nutty!

These shorts.  I mean jorts.  Hideous.  He is a cute guy.  Why Röbert, why?

I almost died the first time I saw him wearing these!

I almost died the first time I saw him wearing these!

Likewise this shirt thing.  I have no idea where he bought it, but ladies, if you see him out in public in it could you please recoil in horror until he gets the idea?

Who designed this monstrosity?

Who designed this monstrosity?

Finally, his mother has been trying to foist off his favorite chair on us.  Röbert loves to watch sports in it when he is at her house and now she wants it disgracing mine.  I hope he realizes that we will not be watching sports over here!  We only watch high-minded PBS and BBC shows in my home!

Next he's be carting home her lampshade too.

Next he’s be carting home her lampshade too.

I have just been feeling testy with him lately and I can’t put my finger on why.

Ladies, what little things make you all bothered with your big boys?

28 thoughts on “Little Things

1. AbsaSteele

Hahahaha, I’m sure it’s just the way the light is hitting his face, but Roebbie’s eyebrows look so silly in the second pic! They look like piles of Coco Puffs over his eyes. LMFAO!!! It’s a good thing he doesn’t read your blog AMIRITE??

I don’t have a fella now so can’t speak to your question very well. But I will say that my last beaou used to do this thing with his nostrils when he talked that grossed me out sooooo much. Like I guess he couldn’t help it or whatever, but his nostrils flared when he was talking about something that got him excited and I could even see inside his nose a little bit. GROSS.

Hey where’s Mitch??

Sounds like he needs a den. Some shed or attic room where he can slob and even discretely watch his dreadful sports, then he won’t get underfoot or upset your beautiful decor.
    As for the shorts.. refuse to wash them? Hide them?

How do I put this delicately? Yes, those clothes are hideous. They are quite effeminate if you know what I mean;) I am 100% with you Lah Lee. Why, Röbert, why?

4. mrsbintraining

WHAT is with men and terrible chair taste? Lol. Mine loves plaid, too, ugh!

Also, Lah Lee, you need to “accidentally” slip that shirt into the Good Will pile and practice your innocent face!

5. Equestrian pilates mama

My pet peeve is nothing as bad as that horrifying jorts/shirt combo, but still bugs me nonetheless. My Hubs is forever geting small stains on his work shirts, right near the collar! The worst thing is that they are ALWAYS red, which is by far the hardest colour for my maid to remove.
    Then he obviously has to buy new ones, but can I buy the shoes to match my favourite weekend bag? No. It’s not my fault he can’t eat his lunch without spilling it.
    Rant over! Men huh!

1. Pesky Boys

Uh! Sounds like he needs to cut down on the ketchup with his fries!

Mine keeps losing articles of clothing every time he goes to the gym. He’ll leave the house in speedos under a tight outfit (I know, that’s horrible enough!) but then come back home wearing underwear I’ve never seen before. So weird.

1. Pesky Boys

Of course he is not having an affair. I am married to the hottest, kindest, smartest and most faithful man in the world.

That’s not too odd. Speedos get uncomfortable after a long period of time, it’s reasonable that he would want to change out of them, especially since tight pants can get a little clammy. Changing into organic cotton underwear is the sensible thing to do in that situation.
        Lol at assuming he’s having an affair! I bet he’s just a totally deck hipster.

Oh, Lah Lee! Those jorts need to be burned asap. Can’t you just disappear them? My gay neighbor has a vest somewhat similar to Røbert’s, but his is a solid color and he only wears it without a tee-shirt like Róbert is doing when hitting the dance clubs. Maybe R. is unaware of the message he’s sending with his clothing.

Beefeater looks awesome! He must be thriving on the love you and R. lavish upon him.

7. kimmie from NEPA

I know! I hate when my hubby goes on fishing trips with his best friend and when he comes home he is distant from me. So rude! My hubby also wears jhorts and those horrible cutoff shirts just like you’re man does. What is up with that!!!

8. Amy

Oh jorts are the worst! He never wears the shirt and shorts together does he? If so, I hope you have never been with him while he was wearing that hideous outfit.

Is Karen out of town right now? It’s almost like her and Robert take trips at the same time. So strange!

I would divorce him if he wore them together. Hideous!

Röbert was just out of town for the day on Saturday, hiking with his friend somebody, LOL. He has these hiking friends, LOL.

Karen left late afternoon and Röbby and I had all of our friends over to Par-tay, LOL.

9. Ludmilla

You know, I wonder if you’ve been feeling testy lately with Robert because you are just burnt out. You put so much work into the school gala, and, really, everything you do. You need to have a special getaway weekend for you and some of your friends where you can just relax and recharge. Maybe a blogger conference — didn’t you go to one last year?

Crappy taste in Vice-Presidential candidates.

It’s the little things, isn’t it?

That chair is so bright and floral! So…………Mexican-looking. Maybe you can deport it, LOL

11. krystal liet

maybe röbe just wears the larry the cable guy plad cutoff sleeve shirt to impress you lah lee. maybe he thinks it shows off his big biseps and wants you’re attention unfortunately the hideousness of that shirt just overpowers everything! you SHOULD burn it, like others suggested. röbe is so kind, caring and loving that i am sure he is just trying to impress you but men are clue LESS about clothes. he is lucky he has you to keep him from making to many fashon blunders!