Happy Birthday to Me!

It’s my birthday!  OMG!  Happy birthday to me.

This year I am going to embrace myself and honor and celebrate both my inner and outer beauty.  I am finally going to be able to give me the gift of time, and I recommend that all of you other mommies do the same.  We all spend so much of our lives just giving and giving to our children, our husbands and our friends and families that we sometimes forget about a special lil’ someone who also needs love.  So this year I am going to do it.  This year is the year when I choose to love myself.

Also, this year is the year when I choose to give myself a special gift of jewelry, so I won’t be so disappointed when poor old Röbby does what poor old Röbby does and gets me a fishing pole or something.

So I chose a gorgeous ring for myself.  It is made of semi-precious and manufactured stones, so it isn’t a billion dollars, but it isn’t costume jewelry.  I am sure Röbert would have chosen it for me if he had any imagination at all about what a woman would like.

A statement piece and perfect for me because i LOVE animals.

A statement piece and perfect for me because i LOVE animals.

And now I have to get dressed for a special night out.  I hope Röbert has made reservations and not a picnic!

19 thoughts on “Happy Birthday to Me!

1. AbsaSteele

I like how it’s small enough to look like it’s probably made of real stones, so you can be the only one to know they are fauz. Smart shopping! But, just tbh, between us girls, I think it’s really sad that you had to buy yourself jewelry on your own special day. 😦 Roebbie needs to appreciate what he’s got in you.

Where did you get it? I think I saw something like that at TJ Maxx the other day. They have some tacky stuff, but some stuff that is surprisingly cute imho!!

1. AbsaSteele

Not all of us have a sugar daddy to fund our shopping, Lollie!! (Single ladies in the joint HOLLA!)

Speaking of, where’s Mitch?

Happy Birthday Lah Lee. You bring so much joy to so many people. I am glad that you are FINALLY taking some time to put yourself first. I know that is not easy for people like you to do. Can’t wait to hear how Röbert celebrates you this year. I know you guys have such a great marriage. I am sure it will be extravagant and romantic.

P.S. You have not mentioned Karen in a while. I’m just wondering (out of curiosity more than concern;) if she ever kept the weight off and if she is better or still crying and eating all the time.

3. HotWifeSuperMom

Happy Birhthday, Lah Lee! I certainly hope you booked yourself a lil’ massage, mani & pedi as well, but if not that ring is definitely not too shodee! Is that a snake, a raccoon, or a cheetah? Animals, they confuse me. Their are fluffy ones, and then there are not fluffy ones. Anywhoo, I’m sure Robbie didn’t screw you over with some lame-o picnic, but if he did remember “it’s from the heart” and as my marriage counselor says “that’s what’s important.” (not really, but my divorce attorney says you sometimes have to go along with what your therapist says or you might end up divorced with a too small amount of child support and alimony).

Happy, happy birthday, Lah Lee! I just adore that possum ring, and you have gorgeous, truly youthful hands and deserve a special piece of jewelry to call attention to them!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Róbert surprises you with something lovely and girly, not a lame-o fishing pole.

1. Equestrian pilates Mama

+1 This! Your possum ring is so, so sophisticated and classy. I just LOVE it.
      Happy Birthday and well done for finally setting some time aside for youself!

5. Alice Wonderland

Happy Birthday Lahlee! I’m sure Robert will Try and get you something special. Have you ever thought of using his credit card to buy yourself something special and then showing him what he bought you? A friend of mine did that with her husband and they had quite a few happy years of marriage before they got divorced.

Did you find the “scrapbook” USB stick I left in a box on your porch for your birthday of all the great pictures I took of you this year? I included a few of myself in the outfits I bought that matched what I saw you wearing, (not that I looked as good you, #life goals, #body goals). I know it’s a lame gift but I thought you’d like some of the candid shots and could maybe use them for the blog!

Happy birthday Lah Lee. Let me guess.. 25?
    Hope you spent the day being spoiled by your family. I bet your gorgeous children couldn’t wait to give mommy lots of birthday kisses!

7. Nevaeh and Brecken's Mommy

Happy birthday LahLee! You continue to be such an inspiration to me with the way you approach everything with grace- even getting another year older.
    Also can you tell me where you got your clear nail varnish? It’s so flattering I’d love to pick up a bottle. Ta! Xoxo

8. Merlot Lover

Can’t wait to hear what the hubby got you, they do tend to overspend when they have something to feel guilty about! 😉

9. Julia Rainbow

I love it! May I suggest a glitter gel manicure to set it off? You can pick out stone colors from the ring and do each finger a different color! Winky face! I am always amazed at how many people stop and admire my manicure and the little ladies at the nail salon don’t really mind working the extra half hour it takes. They just sit and talk to each other in some oriental language anyway. My new beau loves the look, especially when it reflects off anything I happen to be grasping! TeeHeeHaw!