Happy Anniversary

Did you forget?  That’s okay.  Today is the one year anniversary of my first post on this blog, but you can send gifts anytime, LOL.

I have been through so much in the last 12 months.  And you, readers have been with me every step of the way.

When I started out the blog was just a light hearted lil’ way of showing friends and family what is going on with my hubby and our three angles.

Röbert and I even had a slightly risqué hot tub selfie on my first post.  Hot!

Röbert and I even had a slightly risqué hot tub selfie on my first post. Hot!

But then not one single acquaintance signed up to follow my blog, so I knew that I had to make it more interesting.  I did this by showing the ways in which I, Lah Lee, make the world a better place every single day.

I make the world better by having a lil' me time on occasion.

I make the world better by having a lil’ me time on occasion.

In July of last year I made the life changing last minute decision to attend a blogger convention, where I met so many wonderful people.

I had to glam it up for nights out with my new friends!

I had to glam it up for nights out with my new friends!

Unfortunately, because of some late night highjinks, I missed every single session, but I did get to hang out with the special guest of the convention and get a very special photo taken with him.

He is a glamorous tv star but very friendly!

He is a glamorous tv star but very friendly!

I returned home rested and rejuvenated and feeling like a “real” blogger!

It seems like I have spent a lot of the last year taking care of Beefeater, our dog who was temporarily living with my terrible next door neighbor.  Poor Beefy was so unhappy that he kept running away from home.  Saint Lah Lee would have to go out and rescue him over and over again.  If I had only realized how badly Beefy was being abused next door, I would have taken him back sooner.  In the end, he is back home where he belongs once again.

Luv ya Beefy!

Luv ya Beefy!

I have also spent a lot of time taking care of my precious children.

Hummus is getting to be so big and he is doing really well with his new tennis coaches.  He can’t remember the rules of the game very well, although they say that will be easier for him once he turns two.  I have been drilling him at night anyway.

He is very focussed and rarely complains about playing 5 hours a day.

He is very focussed and rarely complains about playing 5 hours a day.

Merlin is a genius and a terrific athlete.  Now that he is no longer allowed to play with his nerdy friends, I am sure that he will be popular in no time.

He could be popular, right?  It would be so much better for his sister if he wasn't so weird.

He could be popular, right? It would be so much better for his sister if he wasn’t so weird.

And of course my wonderful lil’ girl, Starling has blossomed into a real beauty this year.

Look at how skinny her legs are!  Lovely!

Look at how skinny her legs are! Lovely!

While she has been fighting a nasty rumor at school (girls can be so cruel) she has made a wonderful BFF named Amber.

I adore these two!

I adore these two!

And she and I have had many happy times together.

Just spending time with this bundle of smiles is my greatest pleasure.

Just spending time with this bundle of smiles is my greatest pleasure.

She is a wonderful friend (not a bully!), a wonderful big sister and a delightful daughter.

Super Gal in every way!

Super Gal in every way!

Of course my steady date, Röbert is the best husband in the world.  I love him so, so much and he has never so much as looked at another woman.

My hunk of love!

My hunk of love!

It has been a wonderful, fabulous, dang-gum amazing year!  I look forward to spending many more with all of my bloggy friends.  Especially the famous ones!

I had a special photo shoot to celebrate my one year anniversary.  Steven Meisel had to cancel at the last minute but a big shout out to Glamour Portraits at the Middletown Mall.  I think they did a great job!

I had a special photo shoot to celebrate my one year anniversary. Steven Meisel had to cancel at the last minute but a big shout out to Glamour Portraits at the Middletown Mall. I think they did a great job!

21 thoughts on “Happy Anniversary

1. Kelly

Your blog had been up for a few months before I found it, but I’ve read all your archives, Lah Lee! Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your beautiful, harmonious, perfect family with us.

2. Equestrian pilates mama

Girl, you scrub up well! I must admit, I was a lil late to the Lah Lee blogging party, but I have perused through your archives and I think i speak for everyone when I say that I admire the way you have blossomed into a full blown philanthropist and life coach.
    I hope your next blogging year is just as great, just remember to take some time out for you.
    P.S I love, love, love your blogger convention photos. They would make people pretty envious on your social media sites, not that you would brag or anything.

That convention was a real hoot! I wasn’t sure at the time if it was worth all of the money I spent, but I look back on it with such fondness. The parts I can remember were wonderful.

Such a perfect All-American family! Of course you don’t have a brown one to add a lil spice to your melting pot like I do. But still, your kids are gorgeous! And you are so brave, thank you for sharing your life with us like this in such an honest way! You work so hard on this blog, dear Lah Lee.

I haven’t been with you every step of the way, I only started commenting when it became popular of course. But I can see from this darling retrospective how much everyone has grown and developed! Of course Sterling needs to stay skinny so hopefully she won’t develop MUCH. But everyone else can reach their full potential, even if it’s hopelessly nerdy like Merlin.

LOL! Lah Lee you should consider getting ‘a brown one’ now that you’re becoming more popular. Lots of other bloggers do it and the increased pageviews speak for themselves.

Happy Blog Anniversary. You really do immeasurable good every day here. You are making the blogosphere a better place, Lah Lee. Did Röbert get you any little bauble to celebrate this special occasion? I look forward to many more years of your wisdom and insight. XOXO

5. Pearls and Pink Peonies

Sorry this post is late! We were celebrating Summer Kick-off Weekend at our beach house on the Cape, and I just didn’t want to come home on Monday with all the worker bees who need to buzz back to their offices the absolute second the weekend is over. Anyway! Congrats on a year of fun yet insightful posts, and good call on the photo shoot – you look ultraglam.

1. Pesky Boys

Lag Lee used to have a lake house. One year ago, she hosted a big party there. But we haven’t heard a peep about that (or any parties at their first home) since Roebert tightened the purse strings. I dare LL to let this comment through, but I think she’s P-O-O-R now and probably only has one house! Without even a swimming pool!

1. Pearls and Pink Peonies

You know, she doesn’t have to share EVERY aspect of her life. She only needs to share like 5%. Maybe that creepy foreign stalker showed up at her lake house so she decided not to talk about it anymore? ANYWAY!

Happy bloggy anniversary, Lah Lee! Your blog is pure awesomeness and one of my favorites because you have no shortage of adventures! Also, you and your family look great. Róbert looks like a young Tucker Carlson a bit in that picture with the bowtie. I can’t wait until you get a book deal and publish. You reveal so much of yourself in your writing, you know? You have a real voice. I’m sure the book will rise straight to the top of the Amazon list when it comes out. Here’s to yet another year of My Three Angles!

Oh, and I’ve been meaning to tell you how much healthier Beefeater looks now that he’s got a loving home with you, Røbert, and your littles.

8. LawAndOrderMomEdition

Your blog is just amazing Lahlee. I can’t wait for more! Your family is so adorable and you inspire me so much. I’m striving to be brave, selfless, and inspiring like you are.