I have a very busy week ahead, getting ready for our big gala on Friday night, and a special photo shoot for a special day mid-week (shhhhh, more about that later).
Now that my blog is becoming supper-popular, I find that I am getting approached by more people on the street who just want to let me know how much they adore me. While I appreciate it, I want to give a few tips about how to approach a famous blogger so you don’t offend their sensibilities, since we bloggers tend to feel things just a little bit more than your average Joe.
1. If I am doing something important, like barre, do not bother me. I am busy and deserve my me-time, probably more than everyone else. If I am just dealing with the kids, fine, hop on over and tell me what you find most inspiring about me and my life.
2. If you don’t have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself. Bloggers have feelings too and we shouldn’t be criticized just because we have decided to post every single breath we take online. You don’t actually know us. That goes double for those meanies on “that” hate site. You know who you are.
3. Just because I don’t look like my photos online doesn’t mean I photoshop them. I don’t even own photoshop.
4. My kids are out of bounds. Period. Just because I occasionally might post a photo of one of them to boost page views does not mean you can criticize them.
5. I will be happy to answer most questions, but do not try to make yourself feel bigger by inferring things you know nothing about. Röbert and I are extremely happily married and have never had any trouble in our marriage.
7. Hummus is absolutely fine and does not have a single delay. Unless you are a doctor I have employed for that purpose, I have no interest in your amateur diagnosis.
8. If you want to tell me something sad or humiliating you have heard about Karen, I am all ears, but I do not want to hear about how you feel bad for her.
9. Hands off! Do not touch me or my children. And especially leave the dog alone. I have him trained of course, but he has a history of viciousness.
10. Please do tell me how pretty I am, how well behaved Starling is, how enviable my lifestyle is. When in doubt, or when nervous to be meeting someone famous like me, those are great conversation starters.
I think that covers it for now. I look forward to meeting all of you!