10 Things to Know About Approaching a Famous Blogger

I have a very busy week ahead, getting ready for our big gala on Friday night, and  a special photo shoot for a special day mid-week (shhhhh, more about that later).

Now that my blog is becoming supper-popular, I find that I am getting approached by more people on the street who just want to let me know how much they adore me.  While I appreciate it, I want to give a few tips about how to approach a famous blogger so you don’t offend their sensibilities, since we bloggers tend to feel things just a little bit more than your average Joe.

1. If I am doing something important, like barre, do not bother me.  I am busy and deserve my me-time, probably more than everyone else.  If I am just dealing with the kids, fine, hop on over and tell me what you find most inspiring about me and my life.

I am busy here and should not be disturbed!

I am busy here and should not be disturbed!

2. If you don’t have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.  Bloggers have feelings too and we shouldn’t be criticized just because we have decided to post every single breath we take online.  You don’t actually know us.  That goes double for those meanies on “that” hate site.  You know who you are.

I am a living, breathing human being with feelings y'all!

I am a living, breathing human being with feelings y’all!

3. Just because I don’t look like my photos online doesn’t mean I photoshop them.  I don’t even own photoshop.

I am naturally photogenic.

I am naturally photogenic.

4.  My kids are out of bounds.  Period.  Just because I occasionally might post a photo of one of them to boost page views does not mean you can criticize them.

My angles deserve total privacy except when I  as a parent, choose to expose them.

My angles deserve total privacy except when I as a parent, choose to expose them.

5. I will be happy to answer most questions, but do not try to make yourself feel bigger by inferring things you know nothing about.  Röbert and I are extremely happily married and have never had any trouble in our marriage.

You can feel the chemistry here, right?

You can feel the chemistry here, right?

7. Hummus is absolutely fine and does not have a single delay.  Unless you are a doctor I have employed for that purpose, I have no interest in your amateur diagnosis.

Delayed?  He is a tennis prodigy!  How is your 22 month old doing in USTA?

Delayed? He is a tennis prodigy! How is your 22 month old doing in USTA?

8. If you want to tell me something sad or humiliating you have heard about Karen, I am all ears, but I do not want to hear about how you feel bad for her.

Double points if you manage to mention how dull Renata seems too.

Double points if you manage to mention how dull Renata seems too.

9. Hands off!  Do not touch me or my children.  And especially leave the dog alone.  I have him trained of course, but he has a history of viciousness.

He still has an evil glint in his eye sometimes.

He still has an evil glint in his eye sometimes.

10. Please do tell me how pretty I am, how well behaved Starling is, how enviable my lifestyle is.   When in doubt, or when nervous to be meeting someone famous like me, those are great conversation starters.

You can even tell me how adorable we look together!

You can even tell me how adorable we look together!

I think that covers it for now. I look forward to meeting all of you!

13 thoughts on “10 Things to Know About Approaching a Famous Blogger

1. suzy

You do such immeasurable good for the world, you definitely deserve to set boundaries with people. I know just how that feels since my cousin starred in an episode of an important reality show, Cheaters.

What is this hate site stuff? Is that a place to talk about Karen?

Ooooh, which episode? Was it the one where the guy seemed really stupid and the woman was kind of trashy? I am asking for a friend, I never watch that show.

2. No Cat Lady

You be careful about looking at “that” place. The cat loving hater women have caused many bloggers to lose their minds, leading to damage to their marriages and lovely lifestyles.

1. Julia Rainbow

Just follow my lead. I never read there. It is just a coincidence that I always seem to answer their nosy questions including the ones from all my ex boyfriends’ mothers who are just jealous and mean because I chose to consciously uncouple from their sons who were not coming close to appreciating the rainbow goddess they had right in front of them.

Goodness, I wouldn’t dream of being so presumptuous as to approach you in the street! You megastar celebs need your privacy! As for your kids, well they are always very friendly when I stop and chat to them. Such well mannered children!

4. Nevaeh and Brecken's Mommy

I hate to be naive LahLee but what hate site? What are you all talking about? I better go look it up…

I will not dignify them by identifying them here. Rest assured that their wild speculation about the state of my marriage and the way I treat my children is highly inaccurate. Regular readers all know that Röbert and I are a solid, loving couple, and that I am a wonderful mother to all three of my delightful children. ‘Nough said.

I really don’t know how anyone could find fault with anything you do LahLee. There are seriously “haters” out there? I had no idea. You have the perfect family, children, home, figure and dog. What more is there?! How could anyone criticize you it all? They must be jealous! I bet they are fat, live in their parents basements and have lots of cats!

Anyway, even though I feel like we are virtual BFF’s I would never approach you. How rude! We should have a meet up one day though. I think our kids would get along famously too.

6. Mom2Lex+Zander

I tried googling “that hate sight” and nothing good came up. 😦 guess I’m in the dark on it. No matter, anyone who can find time to hate on a blog should get a life and maybe go volunteer at there kids school!

7. Alice Wonderland

Oh Lahlee you are so lucky to have loyal fans like me. I would never presume to approach you and all of the photos I’ve taken of you have been with my telephoto lens like the photos you often take of Ty! I’m still waiting for you to go shopping for your “gala” outfit so I can snap a pic of each dress and try and guess which one you’ll choose -from far away of course!!

Of course I had my Gala dresses sent over by designers so I could try them on at home. No reason to buy when I can borrow. Especially for an important event like the end of school party.