Problem Solved

I’d had enough of Starling hanging around and asking me to do things with her all day yesterday, so I packed her off to school this morning, kicking and screaming.  When we got there I had to drag her inside to the office and it turns out that she had actually been suspended again for bullying.  The reason she refused to go to school yesterday was because Röbert and I were supposed to go in for a meeting with the principal and a school counselor and the poor little dear was scared to tell us.

This adorable lil' moppet would never bully anyone! She's a lover, not a fighter, Paul.

This adorable lil’ moppet would never bully anyone! She’s a lover, not a fighter, Paul.

I met with them alone, and signed her up to talk to the school counselor twice a week instead of going to music class.  Mrs. Weems, who teaches music, has a really distracting hairline, so Starling can’t concentrate in there anyway.  Starling wasn’t excited about meeting with the weird school counselor until I explained that it was a good place to complain about friends.  I think she needs an outlet for that.

Once that was taken care of, I was free to leave her there, so I scampered right over to the gym.  I have missed my morning routine!

After Pilates for Pros, I was walking to the bookstore, when I happened to see Renata again.  She was sitting at that new outdoor cafe next to the park, enjoying what looked like a frothy, fattening cup of java.  How lovely for her.  Maybe it will give her the energy to stalk me some more!

I know some people think she is "cutish" but I just don't see it.

I know some people think she is “cutish” but I just don’t see it.

As I passed her, I noticed that she got up to go inside the building for a moment.  In this day and age it is really not safe to leave food and beverages unattended, but maybe it is fine in Guam or Canada or wherever she is from.  It is really none of my business.

After I had made my purchase at Books A Million, Krystyn called to let me know that Fat Alice’s mom was signed up for Spin to the 90’s again, so I was racing back to gym to see that, when I heard sirens.  I was shocked to see who was being loaded into an ambulance.

I wonder what could have happened that she became ill so suddenly?  She looked fine twenty minutes earlier.

I wonder what could have happened that she became ill so suddenly? She looked fine twenty minutes earlier.

Renata being taken to the hospital does make me reflect on the fragility of life.  I will give my three lil’ angles an extra big hug before I pack them up to bed tonight!

I wonder how I can support Ty through this crisis?  I am sure he really doesn’t care, but I want to be a friend to him anyway.  I hope she isn’t a marijuana addict or have a heroin problem or something.

15 thoughts on “Problem Solved

1. Pearshaped

How worrisome that that woman literally goes everywhere you go. Do you think someone laced her fatty beverage? Imagine if there was a mad person running around town poisoning people. Frightening! Are any CCVT cameras in the area? Well, it was probably a perfectly harmless case of the milk being off – with all those flavours and syrups irresponsible people have with their coffee it sometimes is hard to tell, I would imagine.

1. Pearshaped

To take drugs in the middle of the day and in public. Unbelievable! To think she was allowed to look after busy women’s precious children!!
        Good question about the fat poisoning. Maybe her arteries spontaneously clogged up, but I am no good with sciency things. Too bad that backwards school didn’t nurture Starling’s scientific talents more, otherwise we could have her investigate this question for us. That Renata was probably just allergic to nuts or something – these days almost everything is contaminated with traces of something.

Oh my what an exciting start to your holiday weekend!!!! I sure hope Renata is ok;) Poor Ty. You should probably invite him over for happy hour, I mean to discuss what is going on at school with Starling. Maybe he can give you insight. You can console each other. That’s what friends are for.

Please give us an update once you know what is going on with Renata. Should I pray for her?

I tried to call Ty several times today from different phones, but he isn’t answering. He is probably out with his cool friends, not even thinking about meth-head Renata.

Oh my! I wonder what happened to Renata? I hope they test her coffee, maybe she got food poisoning? You’d better steer clear of that cafe; you don’t want anything to happen to you. After all as a mommy you are irreplaceable!

As for your gorgeous little Steeling, it sounds as if there is a conspiracy against her at school. I’m sure she is glad she’s got you on her side!

I suspect it is some cross-drug interaction with the caffeine, at least that is what I told everyone t the gym when I showed them the picture on my cell phone.

4. Concerned Mama

Oh Lah Lee, I wouldn’t worry about Reneta, after all there a billionity cameras probably facing that Coffee Shop. If in case anyone did anything to her fattening coffee-like drink, I’m sure the sucker will be front and center on the films.

All that just to say that I wouldn’t worry about your real coffee in case you stop in there occasionally. And the plus to this is that maybe Reneta will quit stalking you!!

Gosh, I really figured you would put Starving in an Performing Arts School, instead of that dumb school with all the bullies. Maybe you can look into it for next year.

Oh my, I just made a TL;DNR post. I am so sorry for taking up so much room on your fantastic blog comment section.

Believe me, i am not worried about Renata. The last person on earth I am worried about is Renata. I just thought it was a funny coincidence that I was walking by while she was being taken away in an ambulance for drugs.

5. Pearls and Pink Peonies

Am I a terrible person if I say out loud that I don’t really care about what happened to that person at the café? I mean, my stars, she’s *stalking* Lah Lee. She’s obviously mentally unbalanced, she probably faked a seizure for attention or something. Anyway! Tell Starling to keep her chin up – the *exact* same thing happened to me when I was about her age – a couple of jealous girls accused me and my best friend of being mean to them – some people just can’t take it when you lovingly make fun of them.

1. Julia Rainbow

It is a great way to meet cute EMT boys and deeply, totally, ineffably fulfill their fantasies of rescuing a goddess in distress. Maybe Renata is looking for some other cute boy because she knows Ty’s not into her.

Gross, Renata is one of those women who let themselves go once they trap a man into a relationship. Fatty probably called the ambulance because she didn’t want to walk home.

You can tell she’s fat because of her huge boobs, very unseemly. Maybe she hit herself in the head with one of those things! DANGER DANGER! Wild boob ahead!
      hee hee hee