A Lil’ Heart to Heart

This morning my parents took the children to church with them which gave Röbert and me a chance to spend some alone time together.  We decided to have a nice brunch, but Röb completely ruined it by talking about money again.  Why does he always ruin our happy times by talking about stupid money?

Apparently we aren’t rich, which is a surprise to exactly no one.  He wants me to cut back a little bit, but where can I cut back?  Starling and I don’t eat anything and I barely buy any shoes and clothes anymore.  He said something about my gym membership and charges to the cafe there and I got a splitting my grain!  My gym membership?  He had better be joking!

I mentioned how I needed a some me time, what with him spending so much time away from home last winter and he looked like he might have a lil’ my grain too.  Would that be a him grain? Remind me to look it up.  He got kind of quiet then, and said that he was no longer spending that time away from our family and he would like to explore whether he and I could eventually get our exercise in the great outdoors, together.  I said sure.  I mean, I know I can’t give up the gym, but I can pretend to try.

He is so handsome and kind.  I have a hard time saying no to him!

He is so handsome and kind. I have a hard time saying no to him!

We had several glasses of champagne and by the end of the meal I think I may have agreed to go camping.  I know I will hate camping.  Ugh.  What have I done?

18 thoughts on “A Lil’ Heart to Heart

Well, let’s look at this glass of champagne as half full rather than half empty! At least Röbert didn’t ask you to go out and get a job!

Trust me, a friend of mine was forced to go back to work by her husband. She told me she basically works so she can buy shoes and purses. Her husband said he was tired of so much of the money going to Chanel and Louis Vuitton rather than into their little kids’ college funds, and he mentioned the “D” word if she couldn’t get her spending down and share his values about money or something like that. That’s what I mean by forced. Anywho, it worked out ok since she got a job at a J.Crew store where she gets discounts, but it’s no picnic. I mean, it is work after all and J. Crew isn’t exactly designer, but she’s resigned herself to it all.

What are you buying at the cafe? Sounds like that’s a good place to start cutting first. Also maybe buy some box Franzia instead of bottled wine? Good luck! You can do this!

1. no1fan

But Lah needs her me time to go out to those dive bars (who says I don’t read all your posts) she works hard bee ing a mummy to those cute angles she deserves a rest. So no I can’t see how night shifts would help.. oh unless you got a baby sitter, say someone who is good with children, knows how to play educational activities like football, and already nos the kids. Wouldn’t hurt if he was a hottie mctottie I guess.

He is very successful and makes plenty of money. He is just a lil’ bit cheap. I know we can spend more. I think he has issues from his mother’s behavior when he was growing up.

2. Equestrian pilates mama

Röbert has been asking you to sacrifice so much lately. It is just crazy that he would ask you to give up your gym membership! All he needs to do is look next door and he would realise how much of a bad idea that is. Does he want you to end up a fatty like Karen? Exactly.

1. Nevaeh and Brecken's Mommy

Absolutely. You’re going to have to be really proactive here Lah Lee. Maybe you could curate a PowerPoint detailing the investment worth of designer handbags? You could screenshot those pawn shop shows that those poor women have to go on when the IRS needlessly harasses their husbands. I hear there’s a great resale value for Gucci kept in good condition.

Or just get him to look out the window. Surely once he sees her grotesque movements, he will practically beg that you hit the gym.
        Have you had Merlin look into ways to monetize your blog?
        If anyone can find ways for you to profit, it should be a supposed genius, right?

Oh honey, I am so sorry, this is terrible for you and I really sympathize. John and I could just sell one of the houses if we ever needed to cut back but I know for most hard working Americans it’s not that easy.

Your gym membership should be absolutely non-negotiable. Don’t let him even put it on the table. Your workouts are what keep you youthful and hot! It’s not easy to run after 3 kids all day and do it with a smile and perfect hair like you do!

Cut back in other ways. Camping is very expensive. Maybe you could have a bonfire in the back yard instead. That way you can lure Robert upstairs to your own bed when you get tired of the BUGS.

I have already pinpointed a few ways to cut costs…our premium sports channels, beer, beef, our REI card, snowboards, Men’s Health subscription, premium gasoline and premium dogfood.

4. Jojo

Lahleesmith, I am SO sorry you are poor now. Please please please let me start a gofundme for you. I also have an etsy shop where I am going to sell lahlee tiny tees for skinny girls and leggings and suspenders for boys like yours. I will give 1.8% of sales directly to your family.

Love ya gal. Xx

Hmmmm. See, I think men try this baloney all the time. They act like we are spending too much. Um hello? His kayaks cost $$$ too. I think he is inventing the money problem to try to keep you on a tight leash. I am sure you are rich…he is just acting like you’re not. Ask to see statements. You seem rich.

It is so funny how I look at our finances and know we can spend more and Röbbie looks and says, “spend less”. It is truly a girl versus boy thing. My boy seems to believe that we would be better off saving, but I like to buy investment clothing and shoes.

6. Julia Rainbow

To get vibrationally congruent with my beaus whe it comes to releasing the container holding abundance, I always find that a little “lip service” goes a long way in helping to stock the shoe shelf. You don’t even have to like it much if you concentrate on how much better those six inches are going to add to your height! Winky face!