Sunday, Funday

Röbert and I have been talking a lot about how to spend more time together as a couple.  He suggested we spend some time in the mountains together yesterday and then he and I could go shopping together another day.  That sounded like a great idea.  We dropped the kids off at Röb’s mom’s house on Saturday night after the baseball game, and we got up early yesterday morning and headed up to the mountains.  He had bought me some cute-ish hiking boots when he got the baseball stuff for Merlin and I had some adorable hiking short-shorts and a sporty fitted t-shirt, so I would look the part of an outdoorsy gal!

Cari has been through a divorce and she gave me excellent advice about acting as if I like the stuff Röbert likes.  She told me to pretend that I was hiking on a treadmill at the gym, and I did.  It was mostly not terrible.  And of course it was divine to have some time alone with the hub.

He packed a cute lil’ picnic for us of some sandwiches (LOL!  Bread!) but he also had grapes and the darling man had a split of champagne in there for me too!  He knows and loves his wife.

Mr. Mountain man!

Mr. Mountain man!

I was tired after lunch but Röbert brought me to a beautiful waterfall, which was very romantic.  It was too cold to swim, but we dangled our feet in.  The hike down was much easier and I pretended I was doing cross-fit the whole time.

Grandmama loved having her littles with her for the day, so it was a win for everyone!

I have to look up hikers on the internet later and figure out if I might end up with some weird looking muscles if I do this too often.

24 thoughts on “Sunday, Funday

I think Cari gave you excellent advice…fake it til you make it! I think it is good to pretend to be interested in things our husbands and kids like. That makes them feel loved. It is really hard to practice sometimes though. Getting “romantic” by the waterfall also makes them stick around if you know what I mean;)

Unfortunately, Röbert was so excited to show me everything that he did not take a single photo. Also, the hiking boots are only cute-ish. I saw some darling Prada ones a few months ago, but they don’t sell those at Dick’s.

2. Staci

oh my gosh, you two are so adorable!! What a sweet hubby you have, it’s clear he adores you.
    also, LOL that he brought bread!!! men, right? who does he think you are, Karen??! 😉

Cari is a treasure to give you such good advice. So glad you got to show off your skinnier thighs in those shorty shorts!

I know. I almost died when he brought out the sandwiches! He is so cute sometimes. He said the guy he used to hike with loves carbs.

And Cari is so, so kind and supportive. She gives the best advice.

3. Pesky Boys

You should take Roebert “glamping”! You get to buy all kinds of cute sporty clothes because you drive there so you can bring as much luggage as you like (no hiking). It is outdoors but there is electricity and a real bed. And it costs a lot for the good places. You are a dear for supporting Roebert, but hiking is free and poor, badly-dressed people do it. The cost of glamping keeps out the riff raff.

Anyway, on to couple shopping! Where are you going – Tiffany or Coach? Both?

Glamping sounds like a perfect compromise. Is there such a thing as Yachtayaking?

We are probably going shopping in the city where I have lots of favorite lil’ boutiques and jewelry stores.

You be careful! Walking a lot can develop your calf muscles in, well let’s just say UNATTRACTIVE ways. Bulgy, my dear. I think you can change your gait so the risk is less (try to stay off the balls of your feet) but still, it’s quite unsafe.

I am imagining, you and Robert at the top of a high, secluded waterfall, all alone, his hand at the small of your back… so romantic! I think there was a Sherlock Holmes story with a waterfall in it… and you have been doing some detecting, eh?

5. Jacqueline V

Awwww… Roebert loves his Lah Lee.
    I’m curious though, why would Cari be offering you advice on how to make your relationship work? She sounds like an AWESOME friend, so I’m just wondering. Everything is ok, right?

Your hike sounds like a success! Hmm, now for a challenge–How are you going to make shopping romantic the way Röbert made hiking romantic? Maybe you could go for a romantic lunch for a break? Or maybe schedule a couple’s massage if there’s a nice spa in the city. He set the bar high with his homemade lunch and champagne! I bet Cari will have some good ideas!

7. Beauty addict

Lololololol @ bread. I see what you were sayin about dem eyebrows tho. Hope Stareling does not get those genes. Not a good look for a lady 😉