Crazy Photo Mixup

My yoga instructor tells me that I have the best form he has ever seen.  He often asks me to demonstrate for the group, and sometimes, when I get frustrated with other people in the class, I will just volunteer to stand in the front of the studio so everyone can see how it is supposed to be done.  I am not trying to brag, just describing how it is.

A couple of weeks ago I took a nice photo of myself doing yoga poses at home.

Namaste

Namaste

I am telling you all about this because of a silly mix up that happened yesterday.  I was at the gym and Krystyn, Cari and I were walking past the room where they do the “Beginners Speed Weight Loss” and who should I see?  Karen!

Yikes!  Good for her. I applaud her trying to turn it around.

Yikes! Good for her. I applaud her trying to turn it around.

We barely laughed, because we are nice people and try to rise above the pettiness we see around us, even when we see karma working against someone who tried to break up a happy marriage.  I was holding my phone and I noticed later that I had taken a photo without meaning to.  Oops!

So when I got home I printed out both photos to put away for future scrapbooking, and then I totally lost track of where I left them.

I went to file one of Hummus’s coloring pages in the portfolio I keep in Röbert’s office tonight and I realized that I had left both pictures on his desk.  LOL!  Poor Röbert.  He is such a great husband. He doesn’t need to see Karen’s current state of disrepair.

25 thoughts on “Crazy Photo Mixup

1. @kathfails

Wow, Karen sure looks different. Is it possible you photoshopped her to make her look a certain way? I have only done that on photos of myself, but doing it to others is kinda brilliant. Hmmm, I gotta go drop M off at the free all day daycare at the gym so I can think about this in peace.

A good tree pose is worth a thousand home-cooked meals, I always say. Good for you for staying in shape! and what a funny mixup! Did Robert say anything about your silliness?

3. Staci

What did Robert say about the photos??

Also, have you ever thought about setting Karen up with Ty since she’s so lonely?

Karen was pathetically trying to catch my husband’s eye by sticking her photo in his overnight bag, so I don’t think she needs my help to meet men. And Ty is WAY too young and nice for her.

WOW! How did Karen gain so much weight so quickly. She’ll never get Mitch back looking like that! I sure hope she does not read your blog as she will be so embarrassed. About the photo mix-up… I always say there is no harm in reminding your husband how good he has it;)

All I can say is that I have seen her crying and stuffing her face with cake and fried food every time I have happened to glance in her windows while retrieving soccer balls from her hedge for the last couple of weeks.

5. Pearshaped

Oh my, what a crazy coincidence! Poor Röbert, good men have been traumatised by less.
    Karen is so tragic, bless, but good on you that you support her on her difficult journey. When Karma teams up with the elderlys’ slowing metabolism things get ugly, or, in this case, people. Maybe you could leave some articles about this on her doorstep. She should know that hers is an uphill battle all the way. Lol.

6. Miranda Curr

That is so sweet that you offer to stand in front of the yoga class to teach them how to do it right! It also makes your teacher look more competent, so I’m sure they appreciate it.

All of the instructors at the gym just love having me in their classes. I can’t wait to ask the fatty class teacher about Karen, LOL. Maybe he can recommend a good water aerobics class for her.

1. paulfjones

Even though it will be good for her ageing joints, I worry that her weight will make her slip underwater and she might drown. Poor Karen. You are such a good friend.

It’s very important to look around a lot when you are doing yoga, especially in a class, so you can make sure you are inspiring EVERYONE. Standing up front is also a good way to be inspiring. I’m sure as kind and giving as you are, you also make sure to encourage people and maybe even lay a friendly hand upon them so they can stretch deeper. Yoga is all about how much you can stretch and someone with tight hamstrings will appreciate a firm push.

1. Julia Rainbow

Developing kind of the same muscles that one would use for hauling moving boxes! I hear you are good at that, dear heart.

7. Pesky Boys

Good heavens, did Karen *eat* Beefeater? Is that why he hasn’t been round lately?

If Karen is trying to get her husband back by losing the flab, it is too little, too late.

8. BlueApronFTW

Where did you get your yoga top? It’s amazing! Lol Karen has really let herself go. Maybe she should try some Sirracha salad or some Blue Apron meals. They really seem to help my sister who is not in the best shape since having another baby six months ago.

9. Lulemon Is My Goddess

Omg. Your form is perfect. God, its like Karen is going out of her way to BE you. Its a little scary!
    I love love your blog even though I don’t have any kids myself. Is that weird? I hope when I do, I can be an awesome super mommy like you!!
    By the way, could I totally have Ty’s email addy? Since he’s single and soooooo hot and the two of us have so much in common!! I think we would be a perfect couple! Like you and Röbert!!!