Furious!

I can barely even speak now, I am so furious.

Yesterday I told the people at the gym about that nasty woman in the child care who keeps making my lil’ Hummus cry for some reason.  Gemma, the new girl, promised me that they would move her to another department but when I went in to drop him off there today, who was signing him in?  Renata!  I marched right down to the membership office and gave them a piece of my mind, but they didn’t have any record of my conversation with the new girl yesterday, and they claimed that Renata was the most popular employee at the club because all of the children adore her.  Well, my bebe cries every single time I come to pick him up, and someone needs to answer for that.

An hour later I was walking by the spin room on the way to my sauna with Krystyn and who should I see but sweet lil’ Hummus, wandering around the dangerous spin room on his own.

How the heck did he get out here?  Someone must be terrible at her job would be my guess.

How the heck did he get out here? Someone must be terrible at her job would be my guess.

Renata claimed that they got a bunch of hang-up calls and then a cat was released into the child care room but they didn’t see who did it.  In the ensuing chaos, Hummus must have climbed up over the counter and picked two locks to get out, since he doesn’t have a swipe card.

I don’t care how it happened, of course.  There is no excuse for them losing my child and I enjoyed watching as Renata was told that her services will no longer be required.

27 thoughts on “Furious!

1. Kimmie

You go, mama bear! Protecting you’re cubs. Hummus look’s scared in that photo. I’m amazed he can climb like that!

Wow!
    What a kerfuffle! I’m so glad your little Humous is safe, and that you managed to get this dreadful woman discharged. I wonder how the cat got in?
    But what a clever little boy you have to get through those doors! Must take after his mom! It’s a shame he can’t talk yet to tell you what happened.

I hope they compensated you for Renatas negligence and also for your missed sauna. What an inconvenience!
    I wonder if Renata will be available for very cheap casual babysitting now that she is unemployed, if you catch my drift…

The worst part was they closed down the child care for the day because they didn’t have the required ratio or something. I am sure they could have found a trainer or someone to fill in, but they said there was training they had to go through and also something about criminal clearances?
      Some of the other moms were pretty angry to be called out of their classes to take care of their children, but when they heard how my bebe was allowed to roam freely through the gym they were also outraged.

2. Pearshaped

Excellent idea, Equestrian Pilates Mama!
      It would be like community service for Renata to redeem herself, except that it would be actually useful. By the way, I’ve always been meaning to ask – is Renata foreign? An ethnic help is so very on trend right now.

I don’t know where Renata is from. I truly don’t notice those type of things. But now that i think about it, she is nearly unintelligible due to an accent. I definitely don’t want someone that negligent around my children. I have made sure that everyone on the school network also knows how careless she is. I don’t think she will be working in childcare anywhere in the area again. What a shame that she was so foolish.

2. Pearshaped

I know exactly what you mean. It was only after years that I found out that our entire staff is Mexican (all above board, apparently)! Can you believe it? Is Renata, if that’s her real name, even legally in the country?

Wow SOMEONE at your gym is totally NUTSO! I wonder if they can trace the hangup calls?

Poor precious Tahini! I am so glad he was safe even though he was practically on the freeway! Exercise bikes are so dangerous!

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry. I had to put all my comments on moderation because some absolute creep wrote some rude things about my dear lil’ Starling. She called her a bully, which you know I have such strong feelings about. I have even started a movement to stop bullying children about being bullies. #nobullyingbullies

I know that you would protect most of your children the same way. If I could pick and choose who to moderate, of course you would not be moderated, my wise and dear friend.

5. Baseball Babe

OMGoodness!!! {{{HUGS}}} That sounds truly awful. You poor thing. I mean, it’s just not cool you missed the sauna with your friend, you know? I mean, you pay to be there!! Am I right? I don’t know how I know this, but I just have a feeling Renata is fat. And really, that’s a lot of it, too. No offense to fat people – I’m overweight myself – but fat people really shouldn’t work in gyms. You are there to be inspired, right??? It really bothers me when gyms think it is okay to hire people who aren’t an inspiration. It makes me wonder where their priorities are. I bet that was the deal with your son… I mean, they instinctively know when something isn’t right and that isn’t right. Anyway, extra {{{HUGS}}} to you today, Mama. I bet you need them.

1. Baseball Babe

Oh, I’m sure!! And I hope I didn’t offend with my comments. Like I said, I am heavy myself so it’s perfectly okay if I say bad stuff about heavy people because we know, you know? It’s like a sisterhood. You are too classy to say whether she is or isn’t (and too classy to even notice, which is why I big fat puffy heart you). But when I go to the gym I want everyone to look like you – and keep on inspiring. Not that I go much. But when I go I want the employees to be hot and fit. Anyway, more hugs to you. {{{{HUGS}}}} Hugs to your sweet boy, Hummus, too. {{{{Hummus}}}}

I agree with you, Baseball Babe. In fact I would go farther and insist that we ALL have a duty, to ourselves, our men, and our country, to remain as slender as possible at all times.

6. suzy

Mommy always knows best! It’s a good thing you followed hour instincts. They should really have some kind of home inspection or accent test before their hire people to watch your precious babies all day long! After all, that’s what the gym day care is there for!

7. A Tranger

You poor thing! First all that awful stuff with little Hummus and that horrible Renata! And then the gym closes day care! You are so brave to put up with all the horrors of your daily life.

By the way, did you get your swipe card back? I think I see it on the floor behind Hummus’s shoulder.

8. AbsaSteele

OMG that Renata is a nightmare. It’s like she did it on purpose or something, kwim?

But that got me to thinking about this movie I saw once. I’m pretty sure it was real because it had actual TV interviews and pictures of newspaper articles in it. Anyway, it had this baby in it that could, like, float through walls and floors. WHAT IF HUMMUS COULD DO MAGIC TOO??

I bet that since he is just a baby, he doesn’t even know he can do it. I bet he zipped right through the nursery because he wanted to get away from Renata and back to his mama so bad.

You could, like, put him in a locked room, like a closet or something, and yell at him to get out. You could tell him you had his blanket or cookies for him or something, you know? Or maybe tell him Renata was in the closet with him and he’d better get away fast. And he might do it! OMG LahLee, what if he can float through walls? I know it sounds crazy, but SOME people can actually do stuff like that, you know?

He might get a little upset, but the good thing is that babies don’t remember anything.

I hope you spent a little one on one #boymom sweet time with him after that awful ordeal. He must have been traumatized. And poor you! Having to leave before your sauna! That’s criminal! Hummus is so cute and smart. A little part of me does feel sorry for Renata though. It is hard for people with accents to find work sometimes. That could lead to her taking government money or crime.