A New Beginning

Last night turned out to be pretty fantastic.  I got Röbert’s favorite dinner (Osso Buco) from a local restaurant and a growler of IPA from his favorite microbrewery while I allowed my new mother’s helper to be alone and in charge for just a few minutes.  Don’t worry, I got her to promise not to tell her Mom that I had left her all alone with my littles.

I put the children to bed in record time.  They all had a case of the sniffles so I had to administer Benadryl all around.  They were out like lights by 6:30.

Röbert was home early, as promised and he brought me the most beautiful flowers.  It was so romantic, just like when we first met.

They are absolutely beautiful and not a cheap grocery store bouquet.

They are absolutely beautiful and not a cheap grocery store bouquet.

We ate dinner and talked.  He seems to feel like we are at a new beginning.  He has some regrets about stuff that I couldn’t really follow.  Maybe he spends too much time away?  The main thing is that we are still so very in love and love our family and will work hard to be in love and not distracted etc.

The rest of the evening was also very beautiful and romantic.

I just can’t believe that Röbert felt like we were disconnected in any way.

How could I not love this man?

How could I not love this man?

This morning, before I went to the gym, I decided I needed to stop by Karen’s house.  I know she has been a bad friend to me, but that doesn’t mean I should sink to her level.  Also, one of my friends had told me yesterday that Mitch actually left her, so I wanted to make sure that she was okay and also get the whole story.

I brought her some flowers that I had sitting around.  I know she never gets special gifts, and  I made sure that she knows that I had a beautiful arrangement from Röbert, so she should have some flowers too.

She seemed kind of silent and sad, but no matter how I asked she didn’t say a word about Mitch.  I am sure she appreciated the flowers and enjoyed hearing about my romantic evening.  I also told her about the Senior Water Aerobics at the gym.  I am sure she would enjoy splashing around with a foam noodle and a bunch of her peers.

Speaking of the gym, Hummus was crying again when i picked him up today.  Enough is enough.  I marched right down to the membership office and demanded they get rid of that crazy lady who is making my baby so unhappy.  They agreed that maybe they could reassign her to another job somewhere else,  I hope she enjoys cleaning toilets.  LOL.

28 thoughts on “A New Beginning

1. Julia Rainbow

It is ineffably clear to me that Karen did not love Mitch DEEPLY enough or ask him enough AWESOME QUESTIONS about his life, or she would have seen his shadow self. Maybe you can look for ways to connect with her that are unique and expand her heart, sense of authenticity, calm, joy, non-judgment and even (especially!) comfort HER OWN shadow!!!

2. Baseball Babe

OMG! Hi! I totally just found your blog. I was googling Beefeaters and Benadryl the link brought me right here! (Someone told me that it wasn’t a good idea to mix the two but I think they are getting Benadryl mixed up with sleeping pills, duh!! I mean most cold medicine has ALCOHOL in it so. Yeah. She’s an idiot.) Anywho, I am SO excited to have found your little corner of the interwebs – I am already inspired!!!!!! You are obviously a GREAT Mama! You are toned and tan and you have the hottest hubby (sorry, not hitting on him, I promise, LOLOLOL). And a child of each gender, SIGH, you are so blessed. Anywho, I just wanted to say hi, I’ve already made your blog my home page. Is that weird? LOL. Karen is so so so so so lucky to have you as her friend. I hope she knows that. Okay, well, I’ll shut up now! I just wanted to say hi and let you know how much I admire you.

1. Baseball Babe

OMGosh you think I am nice? Wow!! THANK YOU!!! I was wondering – I was looking through your blog and saw a picture of you running and wondered – do you run marathons? If not, you totally should. You LOOK like a runner. I have a friend who runs marathons. Actually I met her through Instagram and she just followed me back so now we are getting to be close friends. Anyway, I would have to look but I think she ran a marathon last weekend? It was a shorter one, though – I think maybe 6 miles? Anyway, if you ran a marathon I would TOTALLY come cheer you on. I know my marathon question was sort of weird and off topic I know but you know, I just admire you so much. I wish I had the kind of willpower you do to go to the gym every day. I am lucky if I make a lap around the house, LOLOLOL! Seriously, though, really – I do sometimes take my little doggie Big Papi out for walks so I am not totally lame. I am a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Red Sox fan, if you can’t guess! I haven’t lived in Boston or anything but I am obsessed. And it’s so funny my dog is named Big Papi because really it’s a little yorkie. Haha! Anyway, sorry – I am rambling. This isn’t about me, it’s about you!! I’m sorry to hijack, I was just really excited you said I was nice. I look forward to our blog-friendship!!

Good for you for staying in shape, Mama! A hot taut bod is just what Robert needs right now.

How was the sex? Did he have anything new to teach you?

Karen is soo lucky to have a friend like you. I bet she cheered right up after hearing about your beautiful evening.

Lah Lee, I am dying to know how your Easter dinner went and if you managed to keep Starling on track with her lil diet.

Ohmygosh, yes, Lah Lee. Did you get the kids Easter toothbrushes instead of candy like I do? I pick out ones that are pastel so the kids can get into the Easter spirit.

Karen is clearly very upset and unhappy right now. She probably misses Mitch for some reason.

Starling is doing wonderfully with her diet. I let her put a peep in her mouth for 20 seconds as a treat.

5. Pixie

I’m still curious as to what Mitch was going to tell you. Did you ever text him? Maybe he has a crush on you? I can certainly see why, especially being married to an ugly, old shrew. That’s probably why he left her. I’m guessing he told Röbert that and that might be why Röbert is acting even sweeter than usual. I wonder if he’ll get you more flowers tonight?

I am sure he was going to tell me that he was leaving Karen, and who can blame him? Even if he has a crush on me, he knows that Robert and I are very happily married and would never do anything to interfere with that.

Who knows why Röbert felt disconnected. Men can be so hard to understand sometimes, so just ignore all that and move on and things will be better than ever.

Your flowers are so pretty! Your Röbert is SO thoughtful. My husband only gave me flowers like that once a long time ago when he was “in the doghouse” for reasons I don’t want to go into here. Anyway, you are so, so blessed, Lah Lee!

Your poor little Houmous! He shouldn’t be left to cry at that childcare place. It sounds as if they must be seriously neglecting him! Well done you for speaking up! You need to report them if they don’t shape up. I’m sure you gave him some quality time with mom to make up for it.

As for the Karen and Mitch situation, I’m sure you are well out of it. Their problem, eh? Nothing to do with your happy marriage.

Well, I took care of that and he won’t be crying anymore.

I would feel bad for Karen, because I am such a good, kind person, but she brought this on herself. The snake.

8. @kathfails

Just between us famous bloggers, do you moderate comments too? I have to because the jealous, fattys would post stupid, mean things like “why are you always photoshopped from above?”. Price of fame y’all!

9. Triplets and still a size 2!

When my darling l’il triplets cried in the nursery, I realized it was because some other horrible mother was making a fuss trying to get the staff to pay attention to her mean bully of a daughter. Something about how my kids were taking up all the nursery space! Well, i went to management and had them ban her from membership. I was spending more money at the gym than her with my lattes and massages, so buh bye cheap mommy and daughter!

10. mrsbintraining

I honestly never thought I’d have more pity for ANYONE in the world more than Schmargie Schmarris but hello Karen! Some people just aren’t committed to there marriages like you are. I hope my own marriage is as awesome as your. Also, it practically goes without saying: so jealous of your flower arrangement!

1. Pearshaped

I think now that he wants to reconnect may be a good time to remind him that nice jewelry goes a long way to achieving that goal. Especially diamonds.
        Works every time with Mr. Pear, so it’s like a regular Breakfast at Tiffany’s here. You deserve that, after everything you’ve been through.

Hmm, I am torn, Pearshaped. On one hand I love expensive jewelry and if Röbert has a single tiny fault, it is that he doesn’t buy me enough of the good stuff. On the other hand, we are having such fun right now that I don’t want to fight about how big a diamond he owes me.

Is your name in honor of one of my favorite diamond cuts?

11. Pearshaped

You are so perceptive! There really is no other cut worth wearing.

Mr. Pear had to learn that the hard way when he had to exchange my engagement ring twice, bless. Each one he picked looked so common I thought he was making fun of poor peoples’ aspirations at first. My friends at the club thought it was a riot. By now he’s learned the holy trinity of diamond shopping – shape, size, clarity.

Maybe renewing your wedding vows could be the road to a big rock? Best leave some books and articles about this lying around the house, Röbert might even think it was his idea.