What is Going On?

I got up a little early today to make sure that Merlin and Starling got on their bus.  Röbert was acting like a big mope all weekend, and I frankly didn’t trust him to do his job and they needed to be back in school.  Like yesterday.

Röbert was a little more himself this morning and when I suggested that he come home early so we could have a special dinner tonight he said he’d like that.  He also told me that he won’t be doing as much travel for work for awhile.  Röbert and I have what I would describe as a nearly perfect marriage, but I have to admit that the for the last few weeks he has seemed a lil’ preoccupied, so I am relieved to have my old sweetheart back.  I even asked when we could go kayaking together, so you know I’m feeling that loving feeling, LOL.

After he left for work I could actually hear Karen screaming and crying from next door.  Wow. They must have had a damaging water leak or maybe even a small fire at their beach house.

I had missed my AM Zen Weight Bearing class at the gym because Röbert and I were having our little talk, so I did a quick workout on my own while Hummus ate a nutritious granola bar for breakfast.

I was sorry to miss class, but oh well.

I was sorry to miss class, but oh well.

I was just finishing up and getting ready to head to school for our first end of year party meeting, when I heard someone in the front hall.  I was so surprised to see Mitch there, and it looked like he was heading off on a long trip!  He seemed very flustered and told me how much he admired me, which was very sweet.  I know I am a good neighbor and have been a wonderful friend to his shrew of a wife, but it is still kind of him to say so.  He said that he won’t be around for awhile and he gave me his phone number.  Then he looked all serious and said he wanted to tell me something important.  Of course I was already late for my meeting so I said we had to talk later.  I can’t imagine what he wanted to tell me.  Probably something about his crazy wife, but I have heard enough about her already!

I wonder where he is going?

I wonder where he is going?

The meeting went VERY well.  Cari and I are the co-chairs of the End-of Year Party Committee for Starling’s class.  Everyone knows that this is the most important party of the year and a real opportunity for us to shine.  Fat Alice’s mom and the Wozinski woman from next door both also wanted to be in charge, but we had spread sheets from the Christmas party at Amber’s last school, so they will be working for us.  I am thrilled.

24 thoughts on “What is Going On?

1. HotWifeSuperMom

You no Lah Lee, I think you should probably give old Mitch a call. I know that you have done SO MUCH for his family already, particularly his slightly chubby/slightly frumpy/really old wife, but you never know when a wealthy man is rewriting his will and wants to put a little something in there for a truly special friend or neighbor that has just done a lot for his family. I would just do a little check-up with him if I were you.

Good thinking! Maybe I will text him a thumbs up emoji or something. I just don’t have time to get stuck on a long chatty call with him right now, what with organizing the school end of year party and goings on at the gym.

2. Pearshaped

You know what I’m beginning to suspect? Mitch and Karen may be playing a sick little game, trying to destroy the wonderful lovership you and Röbert have. He’s probably going to tell you that he’s leaving Karen because she’s been having an affair with Röbert – as fudging if! I mean, he’s seen his wife, am I right? Old people sometimes do this stuff because they think it’s kinky and may liven up their sex life (ew, so gross!) and I think you and Rörbert may be their latest victims. I hope I’m wrong, but that’s the only explanation I can come up with that would make sense. Ugh. What awful neighbours you have. No wonder that dog of theirs is so vicious, in that environment… You should really find a way to warn people about them without it coming from you, obviously.

1. Pearshaped

You think? Maybe my pills and champagne don’t mix after all. Um. Err. Oops. 😉
        But it’s easy to find out, you just need to text Mitch asking what he wanted to tell you when you find a moment in your busy, busy schedule. Plus, then you’d have written poof, I mean proof.

3. DINK

I’m sure what he wanted to tell you was that he’d be happy to watch the children once in a while. After all, you do so much for Karen and he is probably just trying to show you how much he appreciates all your hard work. Although – that seems like A LOT of bags for him to be carrying for a simple business trip. Do you think maybe he and Karen are splitting?

I don’t know what is going on next door. I can still hear Karen crying a lot and earlier, when I was jogging by I thought I saw a burglar in her hedge so I crawled right up to her kitchen window and she was in there crying and eating cake. Like she needs cake!

1. JS

lol. I’m laughing so hard imagining Karen downing a whole cake to drown her sorrows. That’s what Mr. Pinot is for, Karen! Less calories, too! I almost feel sorry for her, but she did bring this on herself.

4. msjulesia

You know, I wonder if Karen might be going through menopause. You said she’s pretty old, like 40 right? That could explain her bizarre behavior. And why Mitch would leave her, too. Maybe he’s looking for a younger replacement. I know he’s not much to look at in the face, but he does have a muscular body and money, and he could probably find someone hotter than poor old Karen. I kind of feel sorry for her now. Maybe she’s not really evil but just hormonally crazed.

You have the patience of a saint to put up with Karen for as long as you did. I bet her and Mitch are having problems and that is why she was trying to monkey branch over to Röbert. Too bad that she’s too old for a bandaid baby, lol!

More importantly, where did you get the cushions in your workout pic? I’ve been searching everywhere for cushions EXACTLY like them.

1. Kimmie from NEPA

I was wondering the same thing!!! Where’re are those cushions from? Please tell us, dont leave us hanging. You’re blog inspires me. You’re family is amazeballs!!!

Actually, the reason Mitch had all of that luggage was because he was moving out! I will have to stop by tomorrow to comfort Karen and get the details.

I get all of my stuff from catalogs, but I can never remember which ones. I might have a lil’ shopping addiction.

7. Concerned Mama

OMG Lah Lee, What happens if Karen gets a lot of money from Mitch in alimony. I’m sure that b*tch would try to rub it into your face! She might even try to steal your new friend who gets a lot of money from her ex.
    You have to find out exactly what happened, your faithful readers are just dying to know what in the hell happened. And I would make sure you talk to both Mitch and Karen, you know how some women like to make up fibs.
    Also, I know that you and Roebert (I spell his name like that since I don’t know how to put the dots above his O), probably don’t need the money, but I bet if you put ads up on your little ole blog here you could make some pocketbook money. Just a thought….

8. Jacqueline V

Wow-wee-wow! This is quite the turn of events. I’m a bit worried for you Lah lee. I mean, the rabid, feral dog, the crying… What if Karen’s deep into something really hippy-dippy like a love revolution or something? Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to call Mitch and meet him in an out-of-the-way cafe that’s dimly lit to discuss what dangers you and your family could possibly face.

9. Julia Rainbow

I wonder if Karen would take care of my Shih-Tzu Lilly for a few months this summer while I am traveling around to transformational festivals with my roommate? The girl who takes care of her now, I can’t remember her name, says she can’t watch her any more than two more months but I think she just is making that up because she is jealous of me and is not as enlightened. Lilly would be a good friend to Karen in her expired age and what’s one more dog? If you think this is a good idea, have her email me back with PAID in the header!

10. AbsaSteele

Hiya Lah Lee! Your tankini is SO CUTE. Too bad it doesn’t have any slimming color block around the midsection. NOT THAT YOU NEED IT LOL.

QUESTION: What is Mitch’s phone number? I bet he is feeling kinda down and I would love to text him a lil Cheer Up picture, if u know what I mean. 😉 😉 That man is one hot slice of bacon, and he’s not going to be single for long! IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!