On My Mind

I just can’t stop thinking about that picture of Karen in Röbert’s luggage.  Why was it there?  All I can come up with is this: because Karen is so old she must have a lil’ dementia and maybe she is fantasizing about Röbert and put it in there.  I mean, I don’t exactly blame her.  I have a wonderful hubby, and her poor husband Mitch is not exactly a looker and can be very handsy once he has had a couple of drinks.

Although at least Mitch works out, which is more than I can say for his wife.

Although at least Mitch works out, which is more than I can say for his wife.

I am of course completely furious with Karen, but I don’t want to alienate her since she watches the children a lot for me, so I will have to be sneaky with my retribution.

Meanwhile, I know that Röbert had no idea that photo was even in there, but I still want to replace it with one of me.  I am having a hard time choosing what message I want to send though.  Here are some contenders:

Karen and I together, because the comparison is obviously LOL.

Karen and I together, because the comparison is obviously LOL.

Röbert and I having fun, since we always, always just have such fun and I want him to remember that.

Me being a good mother, because he loves his children and me so, so much.

Me being a good mother, because he loves his children and me so, so much.

Me just slobbing around, because he loves how carefree and fun loving I am.

Me just slobbing around, because he loves how carefree and fun loving I am.

Or this one, LOL.  That ought to get his attention!

Or this one, LOL. That ought to get his attention!

So let me know what you think would be the best lil’ surprise for my handsome hubby.

19 thoughts on “On My Mind

1. HotWifeSuperMom

I really think the one of you slobbing around gives the right message, Lah Lee. I mean, if he can’t love you at your worst, he definitely can’t handle you at your best. I think it was Cindy McCain who said that! A real life model, isn’t she? Anyways, you could always do a little photo shopping to add a bit more eyeshadow to give it a more sultry effect, that he will obviously think is natural!

*At first I was going to say the last one, but I’m worried that somehow Mitch could get his hands on it and you wouldn’t want that!

You probably can’t tell, because it is so subtle and natural looking, but I am actually already wearing eyeshadow in that photo.

Cindy always does have the best advice. I am so fortunate that she has the time, between the exciting mall openings and fascinating dinners seated next to the vivacious Mitch McConnell, to help me out here.

It’s my pleasure really. I’m just happy that I have SO much wisdom to share.

Mitch McConnell ALSO looks more handsome standing next to his title. “Senate MAJORITY leader”, so swav! They asked John if he would do it but he’s too busy working on his legacy.

Wow, Mitch has some nice abs. I think you should slip those photos in his luggage one at a time each time Röbert travels. Never hurts to remind him how good he has it. I wonder if Karen slipped it in there. I have always thought she had a little thing for Röbert.

Switching them out would make sense except I am sure he would never even know. Obviously if he had found the photo that Karen had left for him he and I would have had a good long laugh about it.

I guess now we all know she has a little thing for him, LOL. Poor thing.

4. MeantToBeMahma

Poor Mitch. All the working out in the world can’t make him as handsome as Robert (can’t figure out how to do those fancy dots above the i… #soEuropeen #wine) or even Ty! I saw your lil’ ‘gram and can’t believe he’s single.

You should definitely put the fun picture of you and Robert in his suitcase. You guys are such a fun couple and look like such fun lovers. What fun!

To get back at Karen, maybe you could call CPS and tell them how worried you are ’bout her dementia problems. After all, it’s really what’s best for the children and she’ll never know it was you, so she can keep watching your two, I mean three, kids! She’ll probably be free to take care of them even more if hers get placed with someone else for awhile.

5. Pesky Boys

What about the next best thing to you going along on his business trip – the lingerie itself, not a photo, slipped into his briefcase so he can remember you during those long business meetings?

Or if he is like my husband, his business trips don’t actually require a briefcase (his company does a LOT of retreats and teambuilding exercises, usually in B&Bs and country inns), so you will want to slip your undies under the massage oil and condoms that he puts in his suitcase to help him on the ropes course.

I must be naive but how do condoms and massage oil help on the ropes course exactly. Just wondering what I’m missing because I’ve done those silly courses before (the harnesses are most unflattering to women BTW).

I guess you don’t get to go to very many events! I can assure you the condoms and massage oil are legitimate items to bring on a business trip! I always pack extra for John! The condoms are used to slip over the 3 oz bottles (not that we fly commercial haha) for your carry-on luggage so the conditioner doesn’t spill (not that John has much hair to condition! haha!) and the massage oil helps with stubborn hotel room locks. Pretty simple, really!

You thought something else? My, you have a dirty mind, I hope you keep it clean around the kids!

6. Jessie

How about leaving a little love note in his luggage, something romantic such as this :
     “You may wonder if the stars are fire,
     You may wonder if the sun moves across the sky.
     You may wonder if the truth is a liar,
     But never wonder if I love.”

Sometimes words mean so much more than pictures!

* BTW – Don’t know who wrote the poem above so cannot credit :(*

7. Jacqueline V

Better than a picture, you should surprise him on his next business trip and show up in your flirty, red number! I bet he’d be wow’d!